When Do Elk Shed In Idaho?

T

ToughCountry

I have been watching a heard of about 400 elk here in Idaho and there are about 20 decent bulls. I havent really persued elk sheds but this year i might give it a try. I was thinking early March? Any Info would help. Thanks!

they will shed through out the month of march. best time is to go late march to second week of april. good luck!

April is best, we seen alot of bulls still packing april 15th, last year, very few drop in march around here

Hey thanks guys. Just the info I was looking for. Wish me luck and best of luck to you as well!

I have been watchin the elk there in idaho and every year the bulls drop on the 15th of April.

NO REALLY!

^BIGBONE^

i think the best thing to do is get out and figure it out. everyone here is a liar including me. all the horns will be on the ground by june. i promise!! don't go out until then. you will be waisting your time. I'm not sure what bigboner is talking about but i am pretty sure he has never found a horn.

The bigger bulls will start in march and the spikes can carry till june. 75 % will be shed by April 15. Anyway thats the way it works out here in Eastern OR.

i spend a lot of time out hiking in SW Idaho and from what i've seen the bulls drop in the 2nd half of march till the end of april. do you have any ideas on where your going to be looking?, maybe i can help you out.

They will shed whenever you want them too. Just sit up on a hill with a .50 and shoot their horns off. :)

---------------------------------------
This is my post

I've just pissed in my pants.......and nobody can do anything about it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom