When is it taken too far?

Cornhusker

Long Time Member
Nebraska is as red conservative state as exists in the country, saying that even this lovable republican conservative might have just went a little too far. He always declares himself a bold republican conservative which is good enough to get elected in my world. I personally thought he was done when he groped the Red Robbin but we forgive too much in politics, anyhow the new republican governor who supported him is crying for his resignation. Honestly I'm more concerned we're beginning to act more like the Middle Easterners than Americans.

The question, is this good old boy ok and just using his 1st Amendment rights? Is it ok for a public official calling the POTUS a half-breed on his public blog? If so what about some of the guy we used to call the fondler other comments? What say you?

http://watchdog.org/192461/obama-2/

Cornhusker he just may be right about the part if Obama was a member of the GOP and more conservative, the libs in the Democrats would call him a half breed.
Have you checked and see some of the names the libs have called Ben Carson who is a very conservative black American. Do you get as uptight when the Democrats pull this same stunt with Americans that they do not like.

When GOP candidate Meg Whitman ran for governor against liberal Democrat Jerry Brown, Brown's wife was overheard calling Meg Whitman a "f##king b!tch" and there was no out cry from the Democrats and very little from the GOP.

RELH

You're using what is called justification, which is excusing inappropriate actions by basically saying he did it first or more and I just responded. It's either ok on both or it's inexcusable for American elected officials to use IMO.

RELH is typical , he agrees so he plays the you said it too game. pointing it out is one thing, justifying it is another.

My opinion, I think we live in a nation where free speech is becoming less of a right every day. but, we must demand our government officials not speak or act like klansmen or black panthers. it's their job to represent all the people.

My first though when I read something like this clown wrote is , if he's stupid enough to say that in his position he's too dumb for the job.

Stay thirsty my friends

Corn that went right over your head. I did not justify it. What I was pointing at was that both sides do it, but it seems that the liberal cry more about it when it comes back at them In return. I agree with Dude, if you hold a political office that depends on people voting you in or out, you would be smart to engage brain before you open your mouth.
I do not recall you ever bringing this subject up when a liberal Democrat unjustly insulted a conservative American in a public format, and it has been done many times.

RELH

He is, but to republicans he's just black. that way you can hate him 100%.

Stay thirsty my friends

Wouldn't the standard be that he is free to say what ever he wants but has to endure the consequences of what he says? Why not let the voters of Nebraska sort this out for themselves?

The guy is stupid for stating such a thing but our discourse in this country is to the point that how do you sort out what is and is not acceptable?

Using the same logic that all Republicans "hate" Obama because he is black, does that mean that all Liberals hated GWB because he was white? Of course not they disagreed with his policies but took it to a level where they paraded around with signs that said Bush=Hitler. How is this any different? Unless you actually believe GWB was a Nazi.

Nemont

I actually find the "black teens are shooting each other and they can't learn but we are forced to bus them to whatever school they want to go to" more offensive than calling the president a half-breed.

Ne. I don't think voters should have to live with an elected official for 4 years until the next election. I guess that's what recall elections are for. A key component to me is lack of electorate knowledge or motivation to gain such. I know a little more about his drunken Red Robin escapade a few years ago. It would have been a bigger deal if he wasn't politically connected. An elected official that gets by with that in a public restaurant and is elected to another public office I guess we can only blame ourselves.

I just think we're in trouble were acting more and more like ragheads (Politically Incorrect) and less like Americans. Republican or Democrat elected officials need to pay consequences for these type of speech or actions.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-15 AT 10:16AM (MST)[p]

While it appears he lacks any semblance of reasonable discourse and he shouldn't sit on a board of education, isn't the old saying that "elections have consequences" an apt one here.

If he won't resign then does Nebraska have a recall process for his office?

Blaming an uninformed electorate is the same excuse the opposition uses as a reason for Obama's election and reelection. You can't have it both ways, also uninformed or not they have a right to vote.

If an incident was covered up then I guess the press was willing to participate in a cover up.

It also appears his blog, prior to him deleting them all, was filled with other racist posts that were there prior to his election. Somebody didn't check their opponent very well.

Nemont

We have recall elections if he doesn't resign he may be recalled the governor is pushing it.

No real opposition exists in most state elections, the Republican Party dominates, most voters in my opinion look for the R. The candidate with the R gets the vote, everyone knows the D behind the name is abbreviation for the devil. I see a lot of danger at either party getting to powerful state or national level. Closed case file settlement kept some things in the first case from being released to press and public.

Corn is excatly right. tough to get the 99% to take action against someone they agree with on anything.

Nemont if tons of degrading racial evidence didn't exist from the far right towards Obama I might agree, but it does. I can give as many examples as you'd like just ask. libs may not have liked Bush, but it wasn't racial. and I'm not saying all people who dislike Obama do it on race, but since a race remark is what we're talking about there you go.

Everyone should know by now indians are the only race you can call names and get away with it. if you're in the public eye don't be an idiot and act accodingly.

Stay thirsty my friends

>Corn is excatly right. tough
>to get the 99% to
>take action against someone they
>agree with on anything.
>
>

So in our system doesn't majority rule?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-15 AT 09:18AM (MST)[p]So you are incorrect when you keep telling everybody that majority rules?

I am curious how, as a self avowed racist, you can determine what is and is not racially motivated speech?

To be clear the guy is stupid for the comment and it has not place in civil discourse but we don't have civil discourse on any side any more.

Nemont

Majority rules in politics with one exception, constitutionality.

What is the majority you're looking for? county? state? federal? it makes a huge difference .

Who knows racism better than a racist? I think many things I just don't say them. so I know how racists think and I know how to be PC if I want to.

Stay thirsty my friends

What did this guy do or say that violated any Constitutional rights of anybody?

What he said was in poor taste and may show a lack of wisdom on his part but I believe he is free to state it. He also has to deal with the fallout for stating it but in fact his statement is protected by the Constitution.

PC is by definition a bastardization of free speech. When we self censor due to being afraid of the PC cops, that is ruling by fear which the Founding Fathers hated.

Nemont

I didn't say he violated the constitution, I said it's the only thing between majority rule and law.

I support his right to call Obama a ni##er if he wants to ( I can't even say it here ) but as a public figure the majority does not approve. but the majority where he is in Nebraska very well might. that's my point on majority rule and what Corn is saying.

A agree with you on the PC police , but we can still say anything we want legally. so it isn't the government that's out of hand it's just a social taboo. so it could be worse.

Stay thirsty my friends

Pat McPherson is a dumbass and needs to go away

"I'll admit it, that's hella funny! Good to see you around 202, I wish you would return on a regular basis there's a lot of bruised low lying fruit on here lately. You should be on here on a regular basis especially since it was your political carpet bombing at the campfire that inspired this forum!"
Thank you Forthewall

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom