When is the Draw?

The for sure draw is not until the end of the month, although sometimes the DWR emails come out a little earlier.
I checked last year's MM posts and I saw a few that had Credit Cards hit on the 17th, sooooo...hopefully my card will be down $508 in a few weeks.

Last year I got my email on
Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:09 AM

The year before it was
Friday, May 27, 2011 8:57 PM

So my guess this year it's either Thurs 30th or Fri 31st

Talk to a buddy in Fallon, their running the draw this week ..

Then they do verification and eligibility ...

Look for credit card hits May 17th.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

So Goofy,
What is the verification/eligibility thing? Why don't they just publish the results as soon as they get them? What are they verifying?
If the draws take place this week, why the delay? Enlighten me please.

They don't publish results until all most all payments
on CC are completed.
There's a crazy amount, about 15-20% with CC's that are denied.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Thanks for the MOJO Robb. I could always use some of your tag drawing "Carma"!!!

So Goofy, Why do we have to wait on Credit Card results? There are thousands of us with good credit cards that are glad to snatch up those denied tags. It is my understanding they call people with denied cards anyway. Why does that make the rest of us wait?
I guess I am just impatient. It sure helps in planning the year if we could know the results a little sooner.
Best of luck to you all. Hopefully the CC gets a ding!

Utah uses the same Fallon based company that Nevada NDOW does for it's draw. Nevada law requires draw results be posted 48 hours after the draw takes place. We used to have to wait and extra two weeks like Utah currently does. True, draw results are tentative pending actual payment, but it sure is nice to know if you drew as fast as possible.

Perhaps Utah could look into doing the same thing?

----------------------------------------
Measure wealth by the things you have,, for which you would not take money.

Ok why does it take Utah so much longer to get things done? They close the applications what 45 days before nevada and don't post until about the same time?

My credit card info was stolen. I called the DWR to get them another card, and they told me they started hitting cards on Monday.
I hope my card gets hit soon!

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Rick that sucks big time! I think they are full of chit! I don't have a hit so I know they are lying!

Don't drink and call your Girlfriend at night!!!!!!

I heard nobody put in for the draw. They all said "Hell with this State, I'm going to Idaho" So the few that put in should draw, Right?

"Hell with this State, I'm going to Idaho"
Hell with Idaho, I'm going to Colorado.
Now they've pass that gun bill, I don't know where to go.

;-) Mickey Mouse Outfitters provides an experience you will never forget, because we always do it Micky Mouse style. We always guarantee shots. It might be at the ground or in the air, but it's a guarantee we are committed to.

What do the charges show up as on the statement? I have two pending charges on my CC that I cannot identify the billing entity. Almost certain they are not draw charges in that the dollar amounts are not in line with the UT draw fees, but I can't make sense of them. Probably something the wife got.

>What do the charges show up
>as on the statement? I
>have two pending charges on
>my CC that I cannot
>identify the billing entity. Almost
>certain they are not draw
>charges in that the dollar
>amounts are not in line
>with the UT draw fees,
>but I can't make sense
>of them. Probably something the
>wife got.

What it will say is! Your one lucky plick enjoy your hunt and thank you for shopping with DWR! Have a nice day!

Charges show up as 'Utah Recreational' Charges...

Pretty sure that's the wording on CC statements.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

>What it will say is! Your
>one lucky plick enjoy your
>hunt and thank you for
>shopping with DWR! Have a
>nice day!
>

That's exactly what it will say on the card statement! LMAO
Zeke

What it will say is! Your
>one lucky plick enjoy your
>hunt and thank you for
>shopping with DWR! Have a
>nice day!

That is what mine is going to say!!!! I'm buying into the positive thinking this year!!!

Best of luck to all.

This is what my credit card is going to say! You dumb azz you put in on the

wrong unit again this year! The messed up part is that I put dad in on the

Wasatch muzzy and now that he has died he is guaranteed to draw! You watch

in 7 days from now I will have a hit on his cc for it! That's going to really piss me

off! Lol

LAST EDITED ON May-11-13 AT 02:23PM (MST)[p]This is what last years stated on a Cabela's card account.

UTAH BIG GAME PERMIT 800-221-0659 UT $35.00

Yes, a general deer tag is all I drew!!!

>What do the charges show up
>as on the statement? I
>have two pending charges on
>my CC that I cannot
>identify the billing entity. Almost
>certain they are not draw
>charges in that the dollar
>amounts are not in line
>with the UT draw fees,
>but I can't make sense
>of them. Probably something the
>wife got.

ITs probably some new TAX for the opportunity to apply and get rejected for a big game hunt!!!LOL

>So Goofy,
>What is the verification/eligibility thing?
>Why don't they just publish
>the results as soon as
>they get them? What
>are they verifying?
>If the draws take place this
>week, why the delay?
>Enlighten me please.

With the newer software the card companies have now to stop fraud charges, your card company sees that you are being hit for a big charge a long way from where you live and usually use your card, so they put a hold on the charge. It has happened to people who have good credit and always pay their card, just a fraud protection thing. In some states, you are just SOL and lose the license, so I am glad if Utah acutally calls people. This could happen to YOU!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom