When is the Rut for Mule Deer in Central California ?

caelkhnter

Very Active Member
I know someone who has some property in Central California, near Millerton Lake just outside of Fresno. Anyway, he was wondering when the rut usually happens for mule deer in this area. Anyone know?

Yep Calif_Mike is right on...They will be rutting after seasons close..Having said that I know that area and there are some Huge bucks Around that lake.

horsepoop.gif

I beleive the above time periods is when most of the breeding is done but I've seen bucks chasing does in January and even into Febuary around the Yosemite herd.

Thanks for the info, I think he wants to get out there and see if he can film any mature bucks on his property. We will see.

i believe there are two ruts, nov 15th to dec 15th then again around mid january bucks looking for the does who came in late...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom