Where in AZ to go??

M

MewelDeer

Hi all,
If any of you could give me good ideas on where to apply for AZ archery elk tags. I will hunting alone and can't afford one of the san carlos tags. Should I be looking at Region 1 or 2? The Flagstaff or Alpine areas? Any bits of info would be great
Thanks

Well there are alot of good elk units up around Flagstaff, My brother tagged out for his september cow hunt. I can never seem to get drawn. He hunted unit 6A there are alot of elk in that unit. We called in bull after bull trying to draw some cows in toward us. Units 6A and 5B have big herds of elk from what i have seen. >>>Justin

MOST UNITS ARE GOOD, I WOULD NOT PUT IN FOR THE LIMITED OPPORTUNITY HUNTS, THEY WOULD TAKE ALOT MORE SCOUTING THAN THE OTHERS, I WOULD CHECK THE AZGFD WEBSITE ALSO.

If you've been hunting elk in other states, you'll be happy with almost any unit in Arizona. There are very good bulls in every unit for which there are tags and the number of tags is dependent upon the number of elk/bulls. I would have to say that most of the areas around Flag are easier to hunt than some of the units along or near the Rim...

As everyone has said the state is great for elk... you want quantity.. units 6A,5B and 7 when talking trophy most people say units 1,3C,9 and 10. the non typical bull that everyone has been talking about (453 gross) was takin in unit 8 up around Williams...so far this year all the trophy units have yielded bulls over 400 (5 i know of)... any of your units bordering the Res are always good...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom