Where to hunt in CO

sremim

Very Active Member
I recently moved to Fort Collins this past fall. I will be here for 4 years. My goal is to shoot a good mule deer buck. I am looking for advice on where I can hunt in CO with little or no preference points and still shoot a big deer. Any help would be appreciated. I am not looking to take anyones hotspot, I just want at least a one time chance of getting a big mule deer in CO, in the next four years. Thanks for any help.

I will also be willing to trade information for anyone interested in hunting deer, elk, antelope, and coues deer in Arizona.

sremim
Welcome to Colorado. I live about 1/2 hour south of you. If you want some general information and a few starting points send me and email and I can point you in the right direction. Might be a day or two before I can get back with you but I will.

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting

I live off prospect and overland trail. Welcome to Fort fun! Are you going to CSU? Cdow over the last few years has been VERY liberal with the deer tags, so finding a decent buck (any 4pt)is tough. Parts of Poudre canyon were hit hard. i am finding some nice sheds so they are around somewhere. i also know others are doing the same (DK). I hunt close to town for the time reasons. Most places i hunt elk are within a 45 minute drive for me. I did hunt deer in Middle Park (Kremmlling/Hot Sulphur Springs) this year and saw a lot of deer and took a decent 4 pt. Do you bowhunt, muzzleloader, rifle hunt? My inlaws are from AZ, in fact we just spent 10 days there over the holidays. Tried a quail hunt by Kirkland and got skunked. here is my email, [email protected] Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom