Where to put the arrows

MountainSqwabler

20230706_222332.jpg

Cutting the case up finally to get it fit. Now just wondering where to put my arrows to keep the veins safe...thinking keeping them where they are but putting a small slit for each one?? Ik guys that put them in the lid but from the looks of it, idk if I'd have room, and I'd also have to get some of those dang foam arrow holders and don't really wanna wait and do that. Any ideas?? Thoughts?? Comments??

Probably not what you want to hear. But what about a smaller case for only arrows. I use one to keep my broad heads away from the string etc. They are about 6” to 8” wide and 3” to 4” deep and just long enough for the arrows.
I've got an arrow holder and that's my next option, and realistically what will end up happening. ( you can actually see the red tube on the right side, which is my arrow case). I Might find a way to fasten (on the outside of this case) a way to keep both arrow case and this case together. Appreciate the inpute!

You know, in looking at what you have to work with, I think cutting a slit might be a good idea. So basically, cut a slit so that one vane on each arrow can slip into. That single vane in the foam will 'lock' that side of the arrow into place

Then notch out a 1" long area of foam for the business end of the arrow making sure to space them out between each arrow. Each field tip end of the arrow will sit into these notches. Then for added security, cut a slab of foam that you can wedge between the arrows and your bow string so that when you close your case it slightly compresses your arrows which keeps them in place. Just set the foam lower so that compression is more on the field tip side versus the vane side.

Hopefully you can visualize this. It's about midnight as I type this and I'm prone to rambling at this hour :)

For me it would depend entirely on what I'm using the case for. If it's for for airline travel, a dozen arrows would go in a standard arrow tube. If it's for truck-travel hunts, I'd just keep the 5 arrows stored separately, in that one-piece bow quiver, after removing it from the bow.

My case may be a bit wider then yours, but putting the sight to the front side of the case gave me the room for the arrows to lay behind the rest. If buying new foam isnt an option you may be able to separate your arrows in the top (3 above the sight cut out, 2 below).
Bow case layout.jpeg

Here's where I like to put my arrows. :D Exit wound on a quartering away shot!

When I saw this thread, I thought it was an arrow shot placement thread!

OK, sorry for hijacking. Back to the OP, my bow case is 20+ years old and has little clippy things to hold the arrows. I keep the bowstrings covered with a folded up towel. I can see my case is gonna need a big upgrade when I upgrade my bow...soon!!

Kill Pic 2 Tailgate.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom