Where's Griz?

P

PinonPaul

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-04 AT 03:03PM (MST)[p] Wow. Step out for lunch and my post gets yanked. :)
Things get ugly or what? Zim, still waiting for your response as to how you benefited when New Mexico caved in to USO. Sorry if you have to repeat something you posted already.

Hey Paul,

I was careful in my comments about JZ so as not to defame his name, but I guess MM didn't think so. I said they were just my opinion. What I states were facts. Protecting his image is essential.

Anyway, I did reply about NM, but it was apparently fried. - I might be wrong about the quota. I thought it was 10% before the 78/12/10 split. If is was 20% then it would diminish tags a bit. What was it? It's been a while. Either way 10% is good, and since the unclaimed guided tags get dumped into the unguided pool there are a lot of tags available to NR's and no reason for any NRs to complain.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-04 AT 03:14PM (MST)[p] I believe it was just over 20% or something like that. There is no benefit of unclaimed guide pool (12%) tags being dumped on top of the unguided (10%) pool. I apply only for the top hunts and this simply does not happen with the best units and hunts. Once again USO cut my chances of drawing a quality tag in New Mexico with their arm twisting tactics. I could increase my odds by registering with USO for the draw or just pay $2000+ for a landowner tag. I think NOT! Hey, but Ol' Griz was looking out for all Sportsmen in N.M. just like he is in AZ.

Here's something you didn't know. This past year it was introduced to lower the number of tags allocated to Nonresidents during the legislative session here in NM. It called for decreasing guided tags to 10% and nonguided to 7%. For some reason it didn't pass. Think USO was involved somewhere? I do.

Well yes I'm sure in the top units. But the last few years I applied it was in marginal units 49, 44/45 where there were some tags taken in the 12% pool but others that got dumped into my pool. I drew every year. Still I would never complain about 10% set aside anywhere, regardless of what USO did. But that is just me.

I will wait to see what the 2004 draw stats were before deciding on NM for 2005. I question if the quality in the Gila units these days justifies the $750 fee.

Zim I should do some research here but I could swear I have seen you state that you feel 10% tags to non-residents is discriminating against NR's. What give's? Now its OK because its happening in a Taulman controlled state?
I will gaurantee you that if there was a move to reduce Non-resident tags in any way in New Mexico USO was not involved. They are having their cake and eating it too. The Residents of New Mexico must have woken up and realized how they have been raped by that man. Like I have said in other posts, nobody but Taulman & his cronies benefited when NMFGD buckled under his pressure. Both the Residents and non-guided non-residents were screwed by his tactics.
I would concure on the Gila units. Have been there off and on for the past 8 years, sometimes hunting, sometimes just lending a hand. Quality has certainly declined.

No you can sift through the archives of Bowsite and MM until you turn blue in the face and you will never find one post where I claimed 10% tags anywhere was not enough for NR's. In fact I will give you my 45 acres of hunting land here in IN if you find such a post.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom