WHERE'S THE 2023 L.E. EARLY RIFLE BIG BULL PIC'S???

I had 2 family members with Wasatch early rifle tags. 5 days of hunting, 0 bulls seen, only 2 shots heard. Not sure what was going on with the rut, but from sunup to sundown nearly no bugling. I'm sure the guides on the unit (Berry Blaster) had a good hunt, but most of the other tag holders we spoke with echoed our sentiment.

Keep Em Coming Guys!

It's Been Tough Where I've Been As Well!

And I'm Not Hunting Myself!

Thinking The MUZZ Hunt Might Be The Best Part Of The RUT where I've Been This Year?

Sorry To Hear That Elknut33!

Southwest Desert 2023

2023 SW Desert Bull.jpg

Instagram seems to be on fire with giant bulls out of Utah. Martin Hunting has dropped pics a number of 380" + bulls, including the Sportsman Tag bull (I believe they focus on the beaver unit). Lemon has posted a couple unreal bulls. For saying everyone was talking about horn growth being behind with the late winter/spring, I can't remember a recent year where as many giant bulls have been posted up on Instagram as this year....

Instagram seems to be on fire with giant bulls out of Utah. Martin Hunting has dropped pics a number of 380" + bulls, including the Sportsman Tag bull (I believe they focus on the beaver unit). Lemon has posted a couple unreal bulls. For saying everyone was talking about horn growth being behind with the late winter/spring, I can't remember a recent year where as many giant bulls have been posted up on Instagram as this year....
Central and southern Utah maybe good for antler growth. Northern Utah well below normal and more winter kill elk last year than I can remember according to pictures, trail cams, and hunter and outfitter feedback.

Bess,
Could it possibly be that when a critter is posted on here, there are so many negative comments about this or that that it make it the last place to post something?

This isn't the case all the time but there are some usual suspects who want to pee on someone else's parade!
Zeke

Last edited:
Here is a Wasatch bull my sister killed Wednesday evening. Rut fest for 3 1/2 hours before she ended up pulling the trigger on this one right before dark. There were 3 bulls in the herd, 2 the same size (310-315), and 1 bull that was a funky 5x1 with. Club on the spike side.

Not the biggest on the mountain, but considering the info I’m hearing from other Wasatch hunters she didn’t do too bad for herself, especially for her first ever hunt.

Beams seemed to be shorter than usual on several of the bulls we saw on the hunt and when we were scouting.

We saw one other bull bigger Wednesday morning but couldn’t get on it quick enough for the shot.

IMG_0419.jpeg

IMG_5827.jpeg

IMG_5831.jpeg

Yes Zeke,Yes!

I've Always Said:

If The Trigger Puller/Hunter Is Happy That's All That Matters!

Bess,
Could it possibly be that when a critter is posted on here, there are so many negative comments about this or that that it make it the last place to post something?

This isn't the case all the time but there are some usual suspects who want to pee on someone else's parade!
Zeke

Congrats, it's the experience and memories that will last and yes, a nice rack to gaze at on the wall helps.

I hunted the early rifle in Fishlake and took the type of bull I expected the last day. nice 6 point but nothing to brag about. heard of a couple 360's taken but didn't see them.

Overall it was fun but for the points it takes to draw it would be reasonable to expect something better. the 5 day season is a joke that's my only real complaint. I doubt I'll live long enough to draw again but it probably doesn't matter your new elk plan is going to ruin it anyway I expect.

So Ocho?

You got A Pic Of Your Bull?

I hunted the early rifle in Fishlake and took the type of bull I expected the last day. nice 6 point but nothing to brag about. heard of a couple 360's taken but didn't see them.

Overall it was fun but for the points it takes to draw it would be reasonable to expect something better. the 5 day season is a joke that's my only real complaint. I doubt I'll live long enough to draw again but it probably doesn't matter your new elk plan is going to ruin it anyway I expect.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom