Wheres the AI and Stansburys Sheep Stories?

I saw pics of the island auction sheep on the accurate reloading website. Real nice ram. Heard the state ram was a nice 7 year old. No pics of it. Unless Mossback is involved, it seems we don't get to see as many pics. Check the Wade Lemon web site, as Kalan guided the auction sheep.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-13 AT 03:01PM (MST)[p]I'll be hunting a Cali BH in Utah next year so I'll plaster pics all over MM!
Well actually.... I'd really have to hit the jackpot to have the tag since I'm only up to 4 points. A guy can dream, can't he?
Zeke

The fact that the Rocky auction tags both went for 80K at UFNAWS
kind of puts your "dreams" in perspective! LOL
Pipe Dreams????

LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-13 AT 09:36AM (MST)[p]Little Bit! HA HA

Yelum,

Just saw the pics of the sheep that you mentioned. Holy COW! Absolutely awesome ram! Thanks for letting us know how to see the pics.

Tallbuck1

Maybe it's a pipe dream but it's MY dream none the less! Somebody has to draw. Might as well be me next year! It's about my turn to have something good and random happen to me!

Tallbuck, you're way ahead of me but we both still need lots of luck.

No LBH, I will not be buying an auction tag!

Hey Yelum, which AR forum is it in?

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-13 AT 05:23PM (MST)[p]Should either of your "tag boats" dock on the "burys", I'd be honored to assist you in finishing your quest, if'n you'll let an old guy tag along.

And thanks for the link tallbuck. That's a fun watch.

I've made contact with two of the Stansbury tag holders. Each shot an 8 year old ram. One scored in the low 160's and the other in the low 150's.
Don't know about the 3rd tag holder. One of the other hunters talked to him one day and the guy made the comment...Quote "I'm not really into this sheep hunting stuff"
WOW!

There's always next year

I'm not really into sheep hunting stuff either.....NOT!
That guy took my tag! Bummer dude.

LBH, You're welcome in my camp any old time! You know that.

Zeke

Little Bighorn, thank you for the offer! When I draw I will for sure let you and eke know! My fire and camp will always be open to you guys!!!

Ridge, any pics of either of them? That is so sad and yeah, he took my tag too!!!! Gosh, hate to hear that he really didn't care to even be out there chasing coveted sheep!

Tallbuck1

Hard to follow the logic of applying for a tag you are "really not into." It's not even that hard of a hunt.

Kind of like buying a gourmet seven layer chocolate cake when you don't really like sweets...and nobody else gets to eat it either!

Go figure!

Zeke, I only had 4 points when I drew. 2011 tag holder had 0 and 2012 had 3 points. So it's very possible.

tallbuck, no pictures that I can share but the low 160" ram looked a lot like the AI ram.

littlebighorn, "easy hunt". Tell that to the 82 year old hunter that had one of the tags this year. lol

I'm always willing to help anyone that wants it.

There's always next year

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-13 AT 12:47PM (MST)[p]Well...you didn't go all the way to the "ridgtops" to kill yours...and the 82 year old guy got his! LOL

You are right though, "easy" is relative with a sheep quest.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-13 AT 09:56PM (MST)[p]
Hey Zeke, I drew my Bighorn tag with 4 points! and I'm in great shape to draw my desert tag this coming year with 2 points. :)

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-13
>AT 12:47?PM (MST)

>
>Well...you didn't go all the way
>to the "ridgtops" to kill
>yours...and the 82 year old
>guy got his! LOL
>
>You are right though, "easy" is
>relative with a sheep quest.
>
Maybe I didn't make it to the ridgetop on that final day but I was there plenty of times and I have pictures to prove it. lol
We went chukar hunting out there a few weeks ago and we had set a gps to track our movements. We hiked 6.5 miles and did 5,700' in elevation change and that was really a short hike we did. There's no doubt in my mind, between scouting and the hunt that year, I hiked well over 100 miles and did over 100,000' in elevation changes in those hills.

There's always next year

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-13
>AT 09:56?PM (MST)

>
>
>Hey Zeke, I drew
>my Bighorn tag with 4
>points!
> and I'm in great
>shape to draw my desert
>tag this coming year with
>2 points.
>:)

You certainly have plenty of points to draw with your luck!
I actually hope you do. Wouldn't that be fun? Oh ya!
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom