Where's the ammo?

cbeard

Very Active Member
Going to pick up some 100 grain .243 cartridges for coyotes at my local Gander Mountain--they were out. Ok, so I will order some online----but BOTH Cabelas and Midway USA out too!

I thought the ammo shortages were about over.Am I missing something?

Get the equipment to handload. Then, start buying any and all components for each and every cartridge you possess. Now. mtmuley

our new leader has already probably sold more guns and ammo than any other president in our history. good luck getting reloading stuff too. can't find primers anywhere.

Why 100 grain for song dogs? Other than that, ditto the above.

Support the United Foundation for the Liberation of D13er.

Good question 1911-

I use them mostly for deer and I'm too cheap to buy separate boxes.(I do very little coyote hunting.) Plus my gun is sighted in for them...

For some reason,we dont have a problem with getting primers and reloading material here in Richfield.The only problem is getting the powder in bulk 5lb.jugs.(ROD)

Went to Gander Mountain here in Michigan. They are gouging also. $40.00 for 270 win brass 50 ct. Went to another gun store and they were $20. Guy says their shipments of powder sell out in less than a week. It sucks.

Im on my way to Richfield then. I cant find primers/powder for my .204 anywhere ive been in utah/nevada. The sales people tell me any component that comes close to a .223 good freakin luck.

Was in WallyWorld this morning and when I went by the Sporting section, went to check the Ammo and lo and behold....the shelves were clean as a whistle...NO RIFLE AMMO at all.

Brian

hit sportsmans(riverdale) sales guy said one guy dropped over 5 grand on ammo, cleaned the shelves. Cabelas had me on waiting list for a month for .357 finally cancelled. .303 british was even backordered, and I thought I was the only guy who still owned one. Impact in ogden was starting to get some 45acp and 9mm in stock, everything else was pretty picked over. Bet the shooting suppliers donate to the DNC from now on. Went to my concealed class tonight and it was packed, he said he has been since the election. Good luck with mags too, brownells says they are sold out as soon as they get stock. What are you guys doing, getting ready for a war? Obama said he supports the 2nd ammendment and I think you all should belive him!!(Then maybe I can get my bullets bought) The bright side is at least somebody will have a job making bullets, god only knows the rest of us will be layed off!! While we are at it call your congressmen and senators, Eric Holder shouldn't get withing 100 yrds of the Attorney Generals office!! Poaching should be a felony!! Contact your rep!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-09 AT 09:42AM (MST)[p]I've posted this before, but what I did when Federal 215's and RUM brass got scarce, I started calling every little mom and pop store within 500 miles, stores out of state where family lived, Googled, and enlisted help from members here and other sites I frequent. (That helped ALOT) Nailed down 1000 primers in Reno (my brother lives there) and a member here that does part time at a sporting goods store turned me on to 200 rds of .300 RUM brass. You can find stuff if you look. mtmuley You can also buy ammo through a couple manufacturers here in the Valley where I live.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom