Where's the hunting licenses?

NECALI

Anybody find a license agent selling tags and licenses yet? The local walmart here in Susanville doesn't have any yet. They were supposed to be here a week ago. Whats going on?

I have not even gotten the Regulation/Applications yet in the mail. Got the damn address labels last week....lousy Postal Service.

Brian

xvvgp.jpg

Yeah, I've been looking too. Pretty crazy that CA can't get their act together. Maybe we'll get them before the deadline!

Don P.

We have had licenses and ALL tags in the store for a week now.

I seriously doubt that the booklet is even going to be mailed this year. Why would they send your stickers seperately?

I wouldn't trust the mail in form .....whatever that is. Elk and deer go to seperate addresses and I wouldn't trust DFG to get them right.

...after spending a half hour filling that online form out for deer, elk, and antelope....do not hit the button "to apply for more game species"...because everything will be gone...that POS!!!

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I heard they are going to on-line apps next year. CA is pretty Neanderthal, no permanant electronic record of hunter safety, no on-line draw applications or hunting license sales... I always hate trusting the mail or the data entry person. Guess that's the case no matter which method you use.

Sorry if my suggestion caused you any trouble. I like to get it in early, and the mail form in seems easier to me than dealing with the associate called in on the loudspeaker to cover the sporting goods counter:)

If you figure in all the furlow days the state employees take, it is a wonder we will get them at all...

Stop Global Whining

What a joke...

The state sure has the handout process right for those who don't pay taxes...

NECALI, Walmart got em yet?? I heard last week (thurs) that Redding had theirs a week before and none in Susanville. Maybe we got annexed to Nevada and they forgot to tell us, YIPEE!!!!

I picked up my tags in Bishop on Weds. Downloaded the booklet & printed the on-line apps so eveything went out in the mail on Friday. Hope they make it to DFG by June 2nd.

You can fax the information in and they will send you your lic. in the mail just have to fax them a copy of your hunter safety or previous years lic. That is how i have done it for the last three years and they have been very helpful. To me it beats snail mail!

Got everything at the Bass Pro in Rancho Cucamunga in So Cal. Mine are on the way via snail mail.

Kurt-www.shootitimages.com

GOT MOST OF MY TAGS NOW........BUT MY SPORTING GOODS STORE SAYS THE REGS/PROCLAMATION BOOKLET IS STILL A WEEK A WAY........YD.

Went back monday evening and still nothing. Didn't check today. It's going to be a zoo in there when they do come in. Everytime I go in and check there's several others asking also.

Reason I don't play the PP game in Kali. Very first year I went in a week before they were due, deer tag apps but no adult huntin licenses. Got my son started but ever since then I'm not very interested since I don't have max PPs for anything.

Thinking I can draw 6A with 3 PPs???????

For the first time, going way back, Ayoobs hardware here in Chester isn't selling hunting licenses or deer tag apps this year.
I inquired today of availability and was told that the States requirements and BS just got to be too much on the vendor and there was just not enough money in it to make it worth while.

I was directed to Susanville or Quincy!

Joey

Update: Here locally, I was able buy my lic and tags Friday.
And that would be two weeks before the drawing...

Stop Global Whining

What gives? I got my labels two weeks ago but still no booklet? Did California ever get the online app thing going or what? Wasn't that the big talk the past year?

Steve

ASKED MY SPORTING GOOD STORE YESTERDAY WHEN THEY THOUGHT THE BOOKLETS WOULD BE IN......IN A FEW.....UP TO TWO WEEKS. THE DEAD IS JUNE 2ND IF I RECALL. GOT A HOLD OF THE WHITE PAPER APPS.......SENT IT ALL IN......DONE.....YD.

Heard there was some kind of problem with the publishing company. The digest should be available by the 24th or so they say! Im just going to download the apps from the DFG website. What a joke!

I just printed elk and antelope apps..for me and son! were just doing points anyways and will deer hunt B zone..on a few wekends.
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

The booklets are out now. This time I can say it was not Fish and Games fault for the delay. Trying to get a contract through is very difficult these days. These go to another state agency for review and approval regardless of where the money is coming from. With the budget crisis everything gets delayed and put off. Seems to me they do not want to authorize any spending and will do whatever they can to delay or frustrate people so no money is spent. the labels are sent separetely because it is actually cheaper not to put them as part of the package (don't ask me that is what I was told)something about handling time and the charges associated with that. Sorry for the delay and good luck to all.

Joe

People will be mad and blame the Department, we are not exactly happy about it here and will probably lose some revenue. But it seems those in control of the state do not care about it or about true economics and what makes money and what does not. It is all politics and guess who loses?

Joe

Joe, I feel your pain and can somewhat relate... I work for local government too. It just breaks my heart because the outdoors is my passion and it hurts to see a valuable agency operate like this. I just hope it all works out for the draw and it doesn't turn into a last minute cluster where mistakes are made. Ed f

http://community.webshots.com/user/bowuntr

Cabela's in Reno has them. No joke. There weren't any at Wallyworld in Susanville today. Wish that fricken place was never built there.

Norkal

INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom