Which Bino Harnes?

desperatehills

Very Active Member
Which bino harness do you use and why? I just bought my first set of Swarovski el's 12x50 and I want to get a harness that will protect them. All my cheaper glass has crooked horn style harnesses and I like them, but they don't cover the glass. I looked at badlands harness but was concerned the thicker shoulder pads might interfere with my backpack straps. What have you used that you liked? What have you used and not liked and why? Thanks for your input.

+1 for kuiu harness. Comfortable under backpack straps, light, rugged, no bulk, protects glass very well and easy access.

Sounds like guys like the Kuiu, I have never tried it but use the Badlands and I have really liked it. Even with a backpack on it is comfortable and have never felt that it was in the way.

Ive gone through a lot of harnesses over the years...Alaska Guide Creations gets my vote. Hands down the best harness ive ever worn. I got the version with a few extra pockets, and can carry everything i want to be handy, and it is not bulky or in my way at all. Top quality produce made in the USA!

>Ive gone through a lot of
>harnesses over the years...Alaska Guide
>Creations gets my vote. Hands
>down the best harness ive
>ever worn. I got the
>version with a few extra
>pockets, and can carry everything
>i want to be handy,
>and it is not bulky
>or in my way at
>all. Top quality produce made
>in the USA!

+1

Kuiu for me I liked that it was convenient to get into but offered the adequate amount of protection. The only thing I don't like is the back toward your body is open to getting grass and seeds in it.

I have used Swarovski, badlands, crooked horn and kuiu. Kuiu is the best even if you were to combine all the others together!

>Sounds like guys like the Kuiu,
>I have never tried it
>but use the Badlands and
>I have really liked it.
>Even with a backpack on
>it is comfortable and have
>never felt that it was
>in the way.

+1 for me. I have never even noticed the harness while backpacking

I've used and abused a Badlands since they first came out and it is still awesome in my opinion. I have a brand new one on standby but I wouldn't doubt if my old one still has 5+ years of life left in it. Although, I might have to finally lay it to rest due to how nasty it is from the years of sweat!

When I bought the new Badlands last year, I looked into other brands since a bunch of new harnesses have hit the market. I have a major issue with the Kuiu and Alaska Guide. Although they are nice, they aren't 100% sealed like the Badlands. My main concern with a harness is protecting my glass from the elements, especially dust. There's nothing I hate worse than dusty glass and don't want to waste time hunting cleaning it or risk scratching it.

The Badlands is an easy one hand operation, has a comfortable harness, it's 100% sealed and the magnetic seal is quiet if you don't allow it to slam shut. It also comes in my favorite all around camo, which is a plus for me.

If the Alaska Guide had a magnetic seal I would try one. My other issue with the Alaska is how many reps can the elastic keeper take before it stretches and becomes totally worthless?

FHF Gear for me. If you like to be able to remove the binoculars, glass, and then mount on a tripod this is the way to go. I tried the Kuiu and I looked like a circus act trying to get the bino's off and on the tripod - there didn't seem to be a quick easy way to do this because the bino strap is strapped to the harness. Real fun in the dark.

My KUIU is headed for the trash can. Great if you use is sparingly, but pull binos out/in every 10 minutes and it doesn't stay in place no matter how tight the strap is.
Badlands turns to a dirt scoop if you start belly crawling on an Antelope hunt. Absolute junk.
FHF got ordered last night.

I own a lot of kuiu gear and I am impressed with all of it. The only reason I didn't start there is I was hoping to try before I bought. I don't use my binos on a tripod so with all the good reviews here I ordered the kuiu xl in vias. Thanks to all who responded.

of course Wapitibobs post came up after I ordered my harness and while I was typing my last post. I don't do a lot of glassing where I hunt, mostly when I hunt out of state. Hopefully they last my $90 worth

Now I have the fhf coming as well. I will try them both out. The one I like the least I'll put my second best glass in and let my wife use it. Have a great day

I have the same binos. The Kuiu harness is great but I found it was not as easy as I hoped for to remove my binos and place them back in it. Im using the Alaska Guide Creations right now. I think it offers the best of both worlds, easy to use and really protects your binos. The AGC is a bit bulky but the pockets it has are pretty functional. A VERY close second is the FHF.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom