Which FACTORY 300 RUM Round..?

1BigDeer

I personally do not reload as supplies are difficult & expensive to get to the island. What factory load/bullet is better; the Premier Scirocco Bonded or the Core-Lokt Bonded? Any recommended reloading formulas that are especially accurate for you? I may be able to have someone load me a couple of boxes. Thanks!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-08 AT 06:34PM (MST)[p]A buddy of mine uses the Scirrocco, although in an '06, but the performance has been impressive. The Scirrocco will also fly a bit flatter than the Core-Lokt. I handload for my RUM, but if I didn't' I would use the 180 gr Scirrocco. As far as load recipes, I've never loaded a Scirrocco, but have done so extensively with the Accubond if you are interested. mtmuley

I load 96 grains of H1000 with a 180grn Accubond. By far the most accurate load I have tested in my 300. I tried Barnes and Partitions as well, both performing well, but the Accubond is punching, and I know I will probably have to somehow post proof of this, 1/2 MOA @ 100 yards with two different shooters. The rifle is a Sako 75 Custom Deluxe. Awesome shooting rifle...by the way, my nephew has a Winchester Model 70 in the same caliber and uses the same load as I do and it shoots 1- 1 1/4 inch groups with this load. He is not near the accuracy guru as I am and it is plenty good for him. Actually, the factory rounds that were shooting 1 1/2 were probably the best he's ever shot in his life 'till he shot the load I made for MY rifle. I think I could make a load for his Winchester that could possibly compete with the Sako, but he's not into that kind of stuff.

Nosler custom ammo with the 200 grain accubond worked well for me when I don't have time to reload.

My 300 RUM shoots the 180 Scirocco great for a factory bullet. I have also shoot the Core-lokt but have not had the same success.

Same as littlejoe
88gr. H-4831SC + 180 Nosler Ballistic Tip @ 3.650 oal =.550 groups.
Wes

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom