Which Idaho deer hunt? Super tag

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-11 AT 06:44AM (MST)[p]if you have a super tag and you need to hire an outfiter to get a good buck it is beyond pathetic. try unit's in the numbered in the forties and mid fifties and scout. real easy

If he archery hunts start in unit 40, next move to rifle in 44, then 45 and 54. You don't need a guide in any of these units and it doesn't take a ton of scouting to find the bucks. PM me if you need a starting point.

PW

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-11 AT 09:41PM (MST)[p]AAA,

Is that a friend or a client that drew? Saw your website. Seem to promote yourself as a Hunting Consultant.

Brian

Just a friend that drew the tag. I only consult for hunts that I personally guide or hunt with on a regular basis.

Kicker has it right! Thats exactly what I would do if I had the tag! I would also not pass up Unit 11 up North! I know of two bucks that are still alive that will top 200"! I wish I had a tag!

I would start with the early hunt in unit 55. Then I would hit unit 44, then 45, and if you still hadn't filled the tag I would head down to the south west corner. Units 40, 41, and 42. As has already been said I would also take a look at units 11 and 54.

I'd shut up if I were you guys.....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

these units arent secret but knowing when, where, and how to hunt them is a different story, i scout, hunt, shed hunt, and video deer in all of these units and just because a unit number is thrown out there doesnt mean anything. id also look into 32/32a late season. they funnel pretty hard and few hunters. 45 is your best bet. have any question about 44 or 45 let me know. you only get one super tag!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom