Which New Bow??

Dreamin_of_elk

I need your advice. I just finished up the hunting season and am already looking forward to next fall. I've decided its time to update from my 2003 bowtech patriot to something a little newer. My problem is I'm 6'8" and need a draw length between 31-32 inches. Are there any bows out there that you recommend? If possible I would like to stay in the Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech Realm but I'm willing to go with whoever makes the best bow for a guy of my size.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Well right off the top of my head there is the Drenalin LD by Mathews. Also the Monster 7.0 and the Conquest 4 and Conquest Triumph. Hope maybe one of the other guys who is a BowTech or Hoyt fans can help out with their favorites.
WVBOWAK

Im not quite as tall as you, Im a hair over 6-3, but I have a 80" wingspan which puts me at a 32 according to the formulas. I shoot the Drenalin LD at 31" and I love it. I tested the Monster 7 and was very impressed with how it shot and how it felt, love the extra speed too. I really like the look of the Conquest Triumph but I have read some reviews about the limb pockets being very poor and I have seen these bows going very cheap for used ones which makes me a little leery. Ive tried bows from all of the big brands and keep coming back to Mathews, they just fit me better. I had a 101st Airborne that was smokin fast and dead on the shot, but it was loud and the draw cycle just about ripped my arm off every time I shot it. I would love to hear what you end up buying and how you like it, Im not planning on ditching my Dren for a few years but I do get the itch to buy new toys quite frequently.

I am seriously going to check out the Elite Pure this year. Everything I have heard about this bow so far is very positive. Supposed to be one of the smoothest drawing bows going hence its name. It is 36" axle to axle and goes up to 31.5" draw length so it might be something that would work for you as well. I don't think you can be their fully transferable lifetime warranty either, this would really help with resale later as well.

Go with the Hoyt Carbon Matrix. Its by far the best bow that I have ever owned. Its a 35" axel to axel bow and it was made for bowhunters just like you. Its light weight, tough as nails, and it shoots great. Rumor has it...the bow is going to be a lot cheaper this year.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-10 AT 07:55PM (MST)[p]I went and shot a Hoyt maxxis 35 the other day and really liked it. The draw goes to 31 inches and with a loop and release it really fit well. Does anyone have any likes or dislikes about the maxxis 35? I appreciate all the input

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-10 AT 05:32AM (MST)[p]The X Force Vendetta XL goes to 32". Not sure about the dream season, tree stand or SS models but I know for sure the Vendetta XL does. If you can find one with the Omen cams you'd be scary fast with that wingspan of yours. I bet you'd be over the advertised IBO of 366.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

The Pure by Elite is now in the pro shops and will hands down run circles around all the other bows talked about IMO. It has the smoothest draw cycle that I have ever experienced and a 70 lb bow which is bottomed out is a top poundage of about 74 lbs and it feels like you are drawing a 60 pound bow of any of the others. As a bare bow, the Hoyt is a little more dead in the hand after the shot, but add a small stabalizer and they are equal. I will guarantee that shooting one will make up your mind in a heartbeat.

Elite pure good choice and check out their warranty best in business for sure. You will like it coming from a bowtech as it to has a draw stop aswell.

Another one you should consider is the Strouthers Inspire 32" draw. If you liked your bow tech you will like this one aswell, very smooth draw like the elite. Same dude designed all three (strouthers, elite, bowtech). If your not into the name on the bow just function these two are great choices. P.S. I have a diamond and would kill for a strouthers or elite or bow tech.

Hoyt Contender the best shooting hunting bow on the market for your draw length.

Take out more than you brought in!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom