Which overnight backpack to get??

deepforks

Looking for a quality overnight pack and looking for some insight. really have no direction thus far. going to be living out of my family's cabin in the cascade Idaho area with my girlfriend and plan on checking out a lot of lakes, trails, scouting, etc. a lot will be day hikes but we'll for sure be doing plenty of overnights. thanks!!

You have a lot of options that wI'll work just fine.
I would suggest something over 4500 cu in. That size or larger will allow you to go multiple days.
You do not necessarily need a "hunting pack". You could go with a gregor, marmot, etc.
If you want a classic camo hunting pack, then look at: KUIU, Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Eberlestock, Badlands....
set a price range, and then go from there.
let me know if you want more specific reccomendations, based on your needs.
Mike
ireviewgear.com

I have the Kifaru bikini frame and a T3 bag. It's lightweight and strong as an ox. Depending on your gear and how you pack it, you could go out for 3-5 days.

Stone Glacier Sky 5100 or the KUIU Icon Pro 5200.

I would lean toward the Stone Glacier due to the strap mounting system, and it works very well as a day pack as well.

Day pack mode.
5567sky-5100.jpg

Long hauler, heavy load mode.
3070sky-5100-full-load-shelf.jpg

The KUIU Ion Pro 5200 is a very similar pack.
The main differences being the carbon frame, the strap mounting system, and the color options.

The KUIU has more "curb appeal".

You won't go wrong with either.

72logo.jpg

I would take a good look at the Horn Hunter Full Curl System. It can easily adjust from 2000 cu/in for a day trip or up to 5000 cu/in for overnight/multiple nights and no matter what mode you have this pack in you will still have your internal frame with meat shelf to pack out your kill.
You will come to find out that packing in for an overnight or packing in for 3-5 days you dont end up with a huge difference in the amount of gear you pack. Really you will just end up with more food and a few more pairs of socks.
The most important thing is to find a pack that will fit your body well and be nice and comfortable. The new 2015 Full Curl System is adjustable for torso length so there is a good chance that you will be able to make the adjustments for a perfect fit. When you try packs on make sure you throw some weight in so you can see how it handles it. You should be able to adjust the load lifters to where the weight is taken off your shoulders and comfortably rests on your hips. After a couple miles with a big load your will be very thankful for functional load lifters.

When purchasing a pack you will also want to make sure to consider warranty and customer service. Horn Hunter offers the best warranty out there on their packs. If anything EVER happens to it they will fix or replace your pack for free FOREVER. It doesn't matter if you sell it or give it to your son in ten years, that pack will always be covered.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Pro Staff Tarantula
Pro Staff Sly Dog
Pro Staff Snug Fit
/https://www.facebook.com/HornHunterPacks?fref=photo

I have the Stone Glacier Sky 5100. It's amazing how small you can make the pack to use as a day pack then how much it'll load up with for a backpack hunt. I added a few of their additional pockets inside for smaller items like toothbrush, etc.

I have no doubt it'll be a great pack for a 3-5 day backpack hunting trip.

My 2 cents,

I like the idea of a light weight model (at only 3+ lbs)like the Badlands Sacrifice. I heard they were made with a noisy/loud packcloth. Size looks right for overnight+ use. Can be found for reasonable discount price. I too have the Full Curl, but you sounded like you were looking for specific size pack for a specific purpose.

LaGriz55

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom