whisker biscuit or trophy taker?

huntn30inchers

I just got a new hoyt v-tech and I think I want either the whisker biscuit or the trophy taker shakey. Does anyone have anything to say about either? or any other suggestions?

I put a Trophy Taker on my bow when they first came out and havent taken it off yet. I love mine! I just cant get past the friction coeficient and damage to vanes that the wisker biscuit is bound to cause. To me, any contact with a moving object (arrow) causes friction, damage and reduction of speed. I know that I will get blasted by the biscuit heads, but to me it is plain physics.
yotewalk.gif

Eric

I've had the Trophy Taker for a few years and like it. I know some that just love their whisker bisket. Most will comment that after they shoot their arrows for a while, the fletchings start falling off. FYI

I've been using a trophy taker for the about 5 years now. Absolutely love it. I've tried some other rests just because I like to tinker and always come back to the trophy taker. Get the little shelf built to help hold your arrow and you'll be in heaven with a trophy taker.

Don't shoot too many arrow at the same spot inside 30yds unless you're looking for robinhood to mount on the wall. It will happen with a trophy taker.

Kris

Another vote for Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter, Ripcord and Drop Zone are also nice drop aways that should'nt be overlooked.

This topic seems to get debated every year or so. Last year I was firmly on the side of the WB. I use one on my current setup. It worked great . . . for a while. After putting many shots through it, I started to see wear on my vanes. At first I thought I had a case of a bad glue job. I took my arrows in and had them reglued. Well, sure enough, my vanes starting peeling away from the shaft again. I started dabbing the tip of the vane with superglue. That wouldn't hold it. the WB ate me up.
I shot excellent groups with the WB, but IMO it ain't worth the hassle.
I'll have a TT shakey hunter or something similar after this seasons javelina and deer hunts are over.

RockyMtnOyster

Been using the WB for 2 years now and don't have a problem with the vanes. I nick them up from tight groups long before the WB tears them up.

Can't say much about the friction argument, other than I could care less.

John F.

It's funny, I'vbe never seen a WB on any Target bows, but I see all sorts of drop away's. This tells me that Accuracy in a better with a drop away rest. I use a Ripcord rest. It's a full capture rest with a containment arm. QAD ultra rest is the same idea. I took the arm off, since I didn't plan on shooting while standing on my head!

Out of your 2 options, the TT is my pick! Good luck!

Have not had a problem with the WB. Works great and once the arrow is on the rest, it will not go anywhere but forward.

It depends on the use really

I've shot both. If you are shooting tournaments go with som,e type of a reliable drop away. You will see unprecedented accuracy. If you are primarily hunting, go with the Whisker Biscuit. It eliminates noise and the potential for an arrow to fall of the rest and the accuracy is excellent.

I shoot a Whisker Biscuit and have had no problems at all. I believe I will continue to put them on any new bows.

RockyMtnOyster,
Send that defective WB my way! I will send you my QuickTune 1000 for your Whisker Biscuit, that goes for any of you that are not happy with your WB's.

Rut

Rutt,
Thanks for the offer but I'm looking to get a drop away on this next go around.

RockyMtnOyster

I am thinking I will probably get a drop away next year (would still like to try a biscuit though).

Rut

I had the trophy taker on my old PSE and loved it accept for the fact when I was in close range and had to sneak with an arrow on the string I have a problem with it falling off and spooking my deer. With the whisker biscuit it seems like it's gonna be a different story due to the fact I don't have to hold the arrow with my finger.

-Cass

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom