White muzzleloaders

Woody

I have just gotten a White muzzleloader,don't know alot about them.
It's a Super 91. I have been shooting a T/C hawken just for fun.
Any information would be helpful. pros & cons ?

Sounds like a great gun. I don't own one personally, but Whites are supposed to be the cream of the crop as far as MLs go. Shooting and cleaning should about the same as for your TC.

Check out my black powder site at:
www.angelfire.com/home/oldguns

Congratulations Woody! As far as I'm concerned, you have purchased one of the finest inline muzzleloaders made. You failed to mention what cal. you bought, but it really won't matter. Unlike your T/C, you will find that if you use a pp powder, you won't be running a cleaning patch down this barrel nearly as often as the T/C. I shoot a 50 cal. with a 100 grain load of pp powder pushing a 480 grain pre-lubed slug and I'm not afraid to reach out and touch one at 300+ yards. In fact, the last two years I have done just that. With a Red Dot scope atop the barrel you will be able to fire with all the confidence in the world. Great choice!!! Keep us informed.

Muzmadness

From what I hear and have read, a White Ml is the way to go. I'd like to have one, especially a super 91. I have 2 inlines know and love 'em both, but a White is definitely on my wish list! I'll see if I can't dig up "Doc" White's web site. This guy knows his chit....

Cooter

Here is the web site's address for white muzz. Doc will answer questions from there. Also check out Huntamerica.com. Go to the talk forums then muzzleloaders. There are a bunch of guys, that shoot whites on there. They have a lot of knowledge
and are willing to help.

http://www.splitfireguns.com

Perfect! I have a super 91. I bought it in 97' and have only shot it 15 times. Beleive me it is a shooter. I can hold a
1 1/2" group at 100yrds with open sights.
I even shot the 275 yard metal disk (bountiful lions club) 3 times in a row with the only three shots I have ever fired at it. 480 grn slug with 90 grains of Pyrodex.
This gun is capable of making the shot if you are.

Now, I drew a S.E. Muzz tag and this will be my 1st muzz hunt. I have noticed some new powders out there. What is everyone using? I was also looking at the Power Point bullets.
I still have a few of the 480 grainers but thinking of a lighter faster slug for deer. Any thoughts?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom