White Super 91 Question

30inchbucks

I have a 45 caliber White Super 91 that I've had ever since they first come out. I currently shoot really good with it using Pyrodex and get good groups at 100 yards with open sights. Even though I believe in the saying if its not broke don't fix it, I was thinking about trying the Triple Seven powder. Has anyone had any experience using this powder in a White? Does it burn hotter or cleaner? I currently use 85 to 90 grains of Pyrodex behind a 460 grain superslug. How many grains of Triple Seven would I use to get similar results? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I recently started shooting my 50 caliber White for the first time. All I have used is ffg Triple Seven. I use the CCI magnum caps and haven't had any problems getting it to ignite. I have been using 75 grains of powder with a 460 grain No Excuses bullet. I have had excellent groups using this combo.

>Triple Seven powder. Has anyone
>had any experience using this
>powder in a White? Does
>it burn hotter or cleaner?
>I currently use 85 to
>90 grains of Pyrodex behind
>a 460 grain superslug.

Yes, it is both hotter and cleaner.

75 grains should get you in the ballpark.

Randy Wakeman

Thanks for the information. One more question. Has anyone had experience with using both ffg and fffg in the Triple Seven powder? If so, are there any differences in shot consistency or range? With the straight Pyrodex I feel I've had better luck with the Pistol powder(fffg). It seems to give me more consistent shots with no delayed reactions. With the rifle powder(ffg) every once in a while it will delay slightly when firing it seems. Because of this I've been using Pistol powder for the last few years with great success. Thanks again

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom