White's Boots?

A

AntlerKing

For those of you that own them how do you like them? How do the hold up in rugged tough country, how do your feet feel after hiking 10 miles in the nasty of nastys? I'm looking into a pair and want information from you that have a pair. Thanks in advanced!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-03 AT 04:51PM (MST)[p]I've got White's Smokejumpers in a 12" height with lace-to-toe for work that were custom built off tracings of my feet and I find them very durable and servicable. I think they are way overpriced for what they are. Handmade? All boots are handmade.

I just don't see how anyone could compare a cushioned footbed of a Meindle boot to a rigid hard leather footbed with a stiff vibram sole like in the Whites. Lots of guys walk lots of miles in Whites but at the end of the day I would have much rather have walked 10 miles in my $220 Meindles that 2 miles in my $420 Whites. No comparison.

Ive had mine for 10 yrs now and they hold up well in the nasty stuff. Mine are getting close to needing rebuilt. I used to walk through cheaper leather boots in a year so they are durable. My boots are comfortable to me but its been 10 yrs and a lot of technology has come along since. So there may be more comfort out there alrighty.

I absolutly love mine. I've got rough-out lace to the toe loggers in the 14" height. True they are a little expensive, but in the end I think they are worth it! Throw some insoles in them if they are to hard for you. I've used them in the snow, rain and in the nasty mountains here in AZ. Snakes can't get trough them but the cold can, so go insulated if you will have alot of that. Plus, they are made to order so you know they will fit great.
Jeremy

You get what you pay for. White's is the way to go. I watched them make mine right there. its a good feeling knowing the best was put into your boots.

I agree that you get what you pay for and foot wear is not the place to go cheap.My own experience with White's are that they are the hardest boots to break in that I have owned but what would one expect if the leather is twice as thick. Those that I know that have them all swear by them. I had to try a pair. Will they outlast all other boots and live to be rebuilt? I am sure that will depend on how well I keep the dirt and grime cleaned off and the leather oiled. You can bet your a$$ that at 400$ I am the giveing them the best of care. Now that they are broke in they feel a little better but they are a snug fit. I have to wear a spenco orthotic in the left boot to make it feel good but the right boot is too tight to even add a spenco insole without discomfort. This limits the thickness of socks that
I can wear. My favorite boots are a pair of Asolo boots that have a high rand molded to the sole. I know that I have hundreds of miles on those boots in every condition and they are still holding up. I bought a back up pair that I hope to live long enough to wear out. These boots are similar to Meindels but have better ankle support. I have hiked over fifty miles in three days in these boots but think I could only last 10 to 15 in the Whites. I think that arch ease idea is total BS. I don't care what position my foot takes at rest, I want it wrapped in protection and comfort when I am hiking. Also, 2003 shoe technology like fiberglass or steel shanks will beat a stiff leather shank every time. Try edgeing or climbing a 5.9 rating in your Whites. I will continue wearing my White's to work and maybe ride the mules into camp but will wear the Asolos when the trail gets tough.

White's are great work boots, but I wouldn't use mine for hunting purposes. I would rather stick with my Danners for cold weather hunting and Solomons for warmer outings.

I have owned danners, vasque and Meindl. They are all great boots, but I cannot imagine a better boot than my Meindl perfekts. They are as comforatable as tennis shoes, warm, awesome support, gore-tex, and perfekt. I am sure the White's are wonderful boots, but for twice the price, I wouldn't buy any boot. I have had the Meindl for 2 years and it shows hardly any wear. Go for the Meindl's; you won't be sorry. Use the extra $200 for a sweet GPS.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom