Whitetail From HELL!

H

Hornseeker

Or Heaven, depends on how ya want to look at it.. Wow.

Maryland I guess....268ish.
MarylandPIG.jpg

MarylandPIG2.jpg

Reminds me of father Bambi! What a handsome buck. I like the coloring of the antlers and the hide....not to mention the antlers!

That deer does have a small body...does anyone on here know if whities in Maryland normally have pretty small bodies...

No matter....those bones are UNREAL! Can you imagine seeing that thing walk out of the timber into your favorite little clearing! Dang!!!!

I swear I saw that buck in one of those small high fence pictures on this site a while back. That buck was on dope and doesn't look wild. Does it?

all horns no body. i'm the last person to say something doesn't look right, but something doesn't look right. color, body size...hmmm
i'm from back east and spent a lot of time hunting whitetails back there and typically a big-racked deer has a big to huge body. anybody have an idea of when it was killed??

Well I see 3 fishcops in the last picture so maybe....? That thing deff don't look right but good lord what a rack!

Michael
"What I could do, I was doing, and that was simply putting my butt on the line for my country, the country that I loved, so that all the protestors and the academics and the liberal intelligentsia back home could enjoy the right to protest against people like me, the hated middleclass." --Gary R. Smith, US Special Forces

i don't think the body is all that small. the antlers are just huge!!! hold your hand over the bone in the first pic and compare the deer body to the mans body as much as possible. it doesnt look too small.

Look behind the right antler there is another antler.
Looks like sheds stuck in front of the real ones.
like this...
4thriflebucks007.jpg

that is without photoshop erasing the real whitetail antlers
And us just messing around.
Jeff

That's a nice whitetail.
Congrats to the lucky hunter.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

So what do you guys think?
Tony's picture is damned interesting, but
I don't think it is him the year he was killed,
though it could be a photo from an earlier year.
I'm not one of these people on here that thinks
everything is fake, though T has pointed out to me
some photoshop things I didn't know existed.
Woke me up somewhat. I'll very interested to see
how this particular one end's up (if we'll ever know).
I'm holding my lip on this one. I know some of you
are shocked. I just hate to bad-mouth a man if he's
in the right. And I don't know.
Great picture there Tony. You're a resourcefull
son of a gun, as always.
worried,
lrv

By the way, the trail cam pic is his rack last year...he put on some bone this year!

Right out of the Baltimore Sun

Last year, Bill Crutchfield Sr. made a run at the big bucks in Maryland's "Diamond Jim" $1 million fishing tournament.

This year, his son got a different kind of big buck - a deer with antlers massive enough to put most chandeliers to shame and obliterate a state record almost two decades old.

"He does the fishing, and I do the hunting," said Bill Crutchfield Jr., as he waited yesterday afternoon for state certification.

With a crowd of camera-phone-toting hunters and Department of Natural Resources officials watching, Crutchfield hauled the carcass from the refrigerator at Hitchcock Taxidermy in Severn for the tale of the tape.

The buck had 13 points on each 25-inch antler. The entire rack spanned slightly more than 21 inches tip to tip. After measuring all the antler tines and space between the prongs, Crutchfield's total score was 268 4/8 inches, breaking the mark set in 1987 of 228 4/8 inches (antlers are measured in 1/8th-inch increments).

"That's stunning. That's a beast," said Paul Peditto, the head of DNR's Wildlife and Heritage Service.

For Crutchfield, Monday afternoon's hunt in southern Charles County was a waiting game that began just minutes after he settled into his tree stand and heard a sound behind him in a marsh.

"I turned around and seen him lay down about 100 yards away," recalled Crutchfield, 39, a Charles County native and a firefighter at the Indian Head Naval Surface Weapons Center. "I seen him shake his head and could see just a bit of his rack. I seen him last year and I knew he was big."

To calm his nerves, he called a hunting buddy, who reminded Crutchfield that he had plenty of daylight left and to take deep breaths.

About an hour passed as the hunter calculated the distance and thought about the shot. Suddenly, about 40 yards behind the big buck, an eight-point buck walked out.

Minutes later, "my deer stood up and it was over like that," said Crutchfield, who after looking at the buck called his friend again to alert him that the state record was in jeopardy.

To gain a spot in the national record books, Crutchfield will have to let the antlers air-dry for 60 days and then submit them for additional measurements to an official of the Boone and Crockett Club, the official record-keeping organization for North American big game.

Because some bucks develop racks that do not have an equal number of tines on each side, the club divides entries into "typical," or symmetrical, and "non-typical."

While the unsymmetrical antlers on Crutchfield's buck will never be mistaken for the world record of 333 7/8 inches, they easily made the 185-inch minimum to be included in the next edition of the Boone and Crockett award book.

Word of Crutchfield's accomplishment attracted a previous record holder, Walt Lachewitz of Gambrills, to Hitchcock's shop, to swap stories and snap pictures.

"Sad? No," said Lachewitz, who in 1998 bagged a white-tailed deer on the Eastern Shore that scored 185 7/8 inches. "I'm happy when someone gets a big one because it doesn't happen often. You could hunt for 10 lifetimes and not see a buck like that."

Word on another site has the buck only weighing 125lb
His coloration in the face is really different also.
MIKE

cohntr6 nailed it....I dont see whats up with the 2 different pics??

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

Hey TONY,
we might be wrong on this one. I looked at your blown up picture and it looks like his ear is folded back, not a antler....oh well.. I guess we'll find out.
Jeff

>Hey TONY,
>we might be wrong on this
>one. I looked at
>your blown up picture and
>it looks like his ear
>is folded back, not a
>antler....oh well.. I guess we'll
>find out.
>Jeff

Could be, the Deer just has a funky looking head, his ears look like antler bases?? Weird.

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

Yep, I think you nay sayers jumped the gun a bit....I'm not sure what you are pointing at there Tony???
Ernie

It's a fake, they used a Shoot plane to find it, he shot it from an ATV in a closed area, Doyal Moss and his pack of finders found it and sat on it until the shooter could arrive or something like that.

Those photos were taken at the taxi. that I use. Md.DNR were there to ensure that all was legit.
The buck is for real!!
He only dressed at about 150, but, that headgear is absolutely amazing!!!
Md.is producing more and more monsters every season!!

"Good mass & long brow tines"

What do u Guys put in the crops down there??? That ##### aint naturall. Its body weight is like 50 pounds! Thats the Ronnie Coleman of deer!

BuckRub
Where do you live? I live in Mechanicsville just across the river from where this buck was shot. I used to hunt the farm next to them before it was sold.

Steve P.

Steve, I live in Glen Burnie, and my name is Steve, as well!!!

"Good mass & long brow tines"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom