Whitetail Help

shootem

I know this gets asked a lot, but I am a non-resident looking to hunt whitetails in a couple weeks in your great state. I am not looking for handouts, but any information in regards to a specific unit that we could focus our efforts on would be great. Iv'e heard the farther north you go the better. Since I am coming from Utah it is a long drive to scout and we'll likely only get one chance at this. If there's anyone that can point me to a decent unit with decent number of whitetails or units to stay away from please let me know. I am leaning towards hunting the Kaniksu national forest. Is this area any good? Hopefully a general idea and unit will get us on the right track. Thanks in advance for any information provided.

Bryce

Anywhere along 95 from whitebird North that you can access. Units 8 and 8A, 10A, 11 all have good whitetail. Lots more, but those are good bets. 8A especially, all corporate timber grounds along agriculture. Hunt the clearcuts. Use google earth. Good luck!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-14 AT 08:22PM (MST)[p]Agreed. There are lots of whitetails all over the north end of the state. I know guys or have family that do well in the areas near Bonner's Ferry, Sandpoint, Rathdrum, St. Mary's, Moscow, Lewiston, Orofino, Kamiah, Grangeville. Hunting cuts can work good. Find cover and you'll find deer. Bring something to rattle with. I've had success with that here and there all through November. Enjoy!

Wolves have hit some areas hard. The more remote the more of a chance to have wolf problems. Example would be the hunts that include unit 16, and around Elk City. Call bio to find area where there are less wolves. Should be a fun hunt. Above all, if you can, be able to move from one location to the next.
Pm me for more info.

"GPS means every man can have a $500 reason not to
ask for directions." Red Green

We hunt unit 14 every year,and i would definatly hunt the last week of the season,and would also recommend rattling. Good luck..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom