Who else was unsuccessful?

dillon

Very Active Member
7930dillon2014.jpg

Thank you for your recent applications for Big Game. Your results are as follows:

*********************************************************************************************************

UNSUCCESSFUL: Limited Entry Buck Deer

*********************************************************************************************************

UNSUCCESSFUL: Rocky Mountain Goat

Hey Dillon, my son and I drew Panguitch Lake general deer. Isn't that your neck of the woods? Unsuc on RMG and Elk

$145 down the drain! You residents are welcome, lol.

UNSUCCESSFUL: Limited Entry Buck Deer

UNSUCCESSFUL: Limited Entry Bull Elk

UNSUCCESSFUL: Limited Entry Buck Pronghorn

UNSUCCESSFUL: Bull Moose

UNSUCCESSFUL: Rocky Mountain Goat

UNSUCCESSFUL: Bison

UNSUCCESSFUL: Desert Bighorn Sheep

UNSUCCESSFUL: Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep

I was unsuccessful on Wasatch Early Elk. I was surprised, but no big deal. Luckily I have other hunts to go on.

I was bummed not to draw a goat tag though. I sure want to hunt one with my bow.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Points for me too. Up to ten elk points and nine desert sheep points.

NRA Life Member

Leftys are the only ones in their right minds--and I ain't talkin' politics!

Really don't have anything good to say about Utah right now. Both of my daughters (both youths) were unsuccessful for general season deer. What a terrible draw system.

Big Fat zero.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Jorka, why is is a terrible draw system?

They allocate 20% of the general season deer tags just for youth hunters, how is this unfair in anyway?

maybe you should have applied them to an area that they would have a better chance of drawing.

Hell my area it takes 1-2 points just to get an archery tag and its not gonna get any easier.

Maybe we should just start giving out tags to every person that wants one???

Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING Page on Facebook.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-21-14 AT 11:14AM (MST)[p]Good luck to you all! May you have the dedication to apply long enough to get a tag of your dreams!

Zeke

>Jorka, why is is a terrible
>draw system?
>
>They allocate 20% of the general
>season deer tags just for
>youth hunters, how is this
>unfair in anyway?
>
>maybe you should have applied them
>to an area that they
>would have a better chance
>of drawing.
>
>Hell my area it takes 1-2
>points just to get an
>archery tag and its not
>gonna get any easier.
>
>Maybe we should just start giving
>out tags to every person
>that wants one???
>
>
>Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING
>Page on Facebook.
>
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

These comments are me thinking out loud. I get pissed off when adults keep drawing in a unit that my girls can't even draw once. So that's why I don't like the draw system.

I didn't even draw my 5th choice for Archery.

Yes, I too was unsuccessful for my 5 General deer picks hmm, my LE pick, my OIL pick, my Bear pick, and of course the sportsman's pick. What really is frustrating is that my brother has been unsuccessful for 3 years in a row now for his General Deer picks....and my son and his cousin who are both youth hunters have been denied AGAIN for their General Deer 1st picks.....I could go on and on about my frustrations with the system but Im sure you have heard them all before.... One more thing.. the deer herd on the Box Elder unit and the Ogden unit are still crap...not seeing much change there!

I know it sucks not ot draw a tag, but you cant give out 300,000 deer tags and hope to keep hunting deer, or bucks I should say. I know back when I 1st started, there were 300K hunters. But times and animals have changed alot. The youth all ready have tons of opportunity to hunt. I have 4 boys from 9 down. So I know I will see plenty of UN's for them as youth, but guess what, Thats not the end of the world. If we get 1 tag a year, thats better than none. Yes I want to hunt every year just like everyone else, but that is changing rapidly. The DWR and the public push to get the youth and others involved, but with the push for more youth (WHICH IS GREAT) there will be less opportunity. You win some and you loose some.

Yeah the draw really sucks. Fish and game cant get it right. What is crazy is denying general archery deer tags. What is the success ratio for general season tags, like 15 or 20%? Fish and game want their money and still want deer out there, give the tags to the archery hunters.

Want their money? What money? $10 app fee? That doesn't even put gas in the wardens tank, let alone fuel a chopper or plane to do animal counts. I hear the "they only want the money" thing all the time, when the DWR as a whole is under funded and under man powered. Ever noticed that the draw only stinks when guys don't draw?
Reminds me of when I was a kid. I had a friend that when he started to lose a game, he would throw a fit and take his ball and go home. The draw is what it is and most have to wait a long time to hunt specific units. While other units can be drawn with a lot fewer than 19 points or 16 points. It took me 21 years to draw a san juan ml elk tag.... and it was worth every year I waited. I could have put in for other areas, but I chose to wait it out. The UN- club will always be the biggest club in this state.

their is just to many tags going to many places ,give them back to the public,,,, !!!when our kids, grand kids. don't draw, hunting is done!!!!

Hell giving me a archery tag is the same as giving me a armed camping tag. LOL It does free up one more camping spot.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom