Who owns a Tundra?

highcountryfever

So I just picked up a 2005 Tundra for dirt cheap, as it was wrecked. I will be fixing it up over the next few months as time allows, but I have a few questions for you guys that have one.

I have been told to expect around 15 mpg. Is this accurate? The truck comes with a 6" lift and oversized tires. I am debating if I want to take the lift off and return it to stock or keep it on.

For now my plan is to fix it and drive it for a few years, but I may just make all the repairs and sell it. Still weighing my options.

Let me know if you have one and your opinions on the truck.

will be surprised if you get 15mpg if you have oversized tires and that big lift.

I have one and love it. Get 15.7 mpg. No lift, no big tires. Been a GMC man my whole life, probably won't ever go back.

I own a 2011 with a level lift a little bigger tires and a cold air intake if i keep it around 70 i get 17.5 but anything over 80 the mpg goes down to around 15. The older tumdras dont get as good mpg and with a lift and im guessing 35 inch tires you will be lucky to get 15

I have a 2000 and have beaten it like a rented mule. It has over 190000 miles on it and I have never even done a tune up on it. Been through a few sets of tires, but, really nothing but changed the oil on it. The truck looks like you hired a guy to beat it with a hammer for about an hour, but, it is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.

I put a ton of miles on it in low range on some horrible roads.

I would never put a lift on any truck. I own a couple of Aamco Transmissions and have seen lifts cause lots of problems with trucks.

On a side note, I bet I have seen a half dozen T100s with over 300K on them come in for transmissions at my shops. The owners love their trucks and just keep them going.

I have a 2005 double cab. With my stock tires I get up to 19 to 20 with a camper shell on the highway under ideal conditions. With my 235-85-16 10 plys pulling a atv trailer with a couple of pontoon boats and all the fishing gear I still get just over 16 on fishing trips.
I like the mileage I get with mine. Ron

I've got an '08 DoubleCab with a level kit running on 35's. In town I'll get slightly over 12 and on the highway I'll get around 17 (sometimes more) if I keep it under 70.

I'd rather walk....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

around 12 is what I am expecting to get out of it if I keep the lift on it. It is a block lift, so it shouldn't be too bad to get it back to stock.

Here is a pic of what I am dealing with.

14460928111005.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-11 AT 08:46AM (MST)[p]>I'd rather walk....
>
>
>JB

And the beauty of America is that you can make that choice!

I have 2011 Tundra with 6" lift and 35's. I get no better than 12 MPG no matter what I do. I like the truck but mileage sucks !!

"Do you like Apples ? Well I got her
number, How do you like those Apples !

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom