Who's applying for Book Cliffs Buffs?

ktg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-12 AT 11:14PM (MST)[p]Looks like they're giving tags for bison this year. Who's applying and how many points do you have?
I live nearby but I don't spend much time there and have never seen a buff out there.

I spent a week in the roadless area in 2011 and was really hoping to see one but never even saw sign of one. You better have some inside information or know someone that has that kind of information if you want to hunt bison there unless they simply are not in the roadless area? It would sure be a fun hunt if you could find them.

I didn't see any in the RoadLess this last Fall!

Doesn't mean there ain't a few in there!

I did Spot a Herd of about 30 Head!

These were not where anybody was looking for them I guarantee you!

Possible to see/find them about anywhere with so many Hunts & Game being pushed around!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Saw a lone Bull Buff in the Roadless last Spring while bear hunting. A few buff chips in the meadows too. Could be a hard hunt but would be fun.

We saw a bunch of buffs in the roadless area in 2008, right after they introduced them there. But we haven't seen any since then.

The Roadless area isn't in the Agency Draw bison unit, which is considerably further North. Here's the map of where the hunt will be: http://wildlife.utah.gov/HAM/public/details_boundary.php?boundary_id=638

Here's a picture of one of the groups we saw in '08:
6795buffalo_upstream_cropped.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom