Whos country is this anyways?

ismith

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-07 AT 11:08AM (MST)[p]Seems that Mexico and Latin America think we owe them something? Maybe we should just seal off the damn border and end all immigration to the U.S. Do we really need more immigrates? After all, its unfair to let a few in when we cant let everyone in the world move here.
ismith
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/14/world/americas/14prexy.html
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ anonymous

WE created this giant called the United States of America, now we have to manage it. Before long, if we are not careful, this is where we might end up - I love my canadian brothers, but this is going to far!

45f82ebc39ad99be.jpg

The new Mex-Pres said that even he has relatives picking letuce in America... as if it was something to be proud of!
It should be such a MAJOR discrace 'an embarasment that ANY Mexican citizen feels the only way to survive is to leave their own country!
Does anyone know how much in foreign aid we pay to the countries of latin America?
I'd bet we even give that dipwad Chevez money!
It's so frustrating...

that picture is 100% real. the canadian cops have been allowed to wear turbans for many years. I think it goes back maybe 20 or so.

Tfinalshot is right it's been over 20 yrs now and it still rubs many Canadians wrong.

It's almost impossible to get in legally now. If someone wants to come illegally, just waltz right in.

I took my dad to the emergency room Sunday. He waded ashore on Normandy Beach in 1945. He has an infection on his hand and I was worried. There are some real nasty bugs going around. There was such a line of Mexicans ahead of us, we decided to take him back home and hope for the best. (He is very impatient) He went to see his Doctor on Monday. His Doctor said it would have been better if he had started treatment sooner, but he should be OK.

Eel

tfinal;

Are you trying to tell us that you may be a bit of a racist and male chauvinist, or are you trying to project, for information purposes, where our country is heading.
That mountie wearing the turban is more then likley a Sikh from East India. There is a large population of them in Canada as there is here in the states. Their religion is Siknism, not Moslem. They were the fellows the English used as fighters and carried the big Gurka knives. They did a good job in Vietnam in beheading Charlie when they caught him lurking about.
The ones in my area hate the idea that they are mistaken for Moslems.

RELH

RELH, let me splane it to you, the point of my post is that if youre going to be in uniform, you should adopt it as your own - ride for the brand so to speak. I'm not concerned about the religious beliefs, but it's not very smart to have armed officers that could be mistaken. I also think that the USA is headed in the direction of allowing service men and women to dress in unconventional atire, like the thing on that guys head. I think it's wrong, he should be wearing a hat, just like the lady next to him. . . You read anything else into my post, your drinking the coolaid again. . .

Its sad to say Eelgrass, but its bound to get worse if we stay on the path we are on. Our countrys social services, that are ment for our countrys citizens, are being overloaded with the citizens of other countrys, who are residing illigally in our country. Can someone please tell me what we have to gain by allowing this? Cheap labor? Cheap for who?
ismith

45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-07 AT 11:31PM (MST)[p]Cheap for who? Cheaper for consumers, but that's a good thing so stop whining.

Ismith, would have you believe that it's better for you the U.S. consumer. Free trade ensure that large corporations can bring you less expensive goods and services. This in turn will help corporate profitability, which will raise the collective wealth of the stockholders which in turn will benefit America and Americans.

Ya know Eelgrass, if it were me, while in the waiting room, my head would fill with images of throwing evey Mexican out on his pompe. Then the medical staff would gleefully rush to assist my elderly father while he was being reassured that he was in the best medical care. But then I would pop back out to reality and continue to wait 2 more hours, wondering how in the world this is ever going to get better?

Who's country is this anyways? If (guessing) 82 of 250 top economic entities are corporations and countries, I'm guessing corporations and foreign countries. I believe England, Japan, China, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., France, and probably a few others. Sadly, I used to think it belonged to all of us Americans. Ya know I own 1/300,000,000th+, but I'm starting to see more Mexican economic refugees standing in front of my local Home Depot. Now I just feel like I'm getting 1/300,000,000th of the bill...and there better be no questions asked.

How tall is that fence again? China's growing economy will have a direct corellation on the number Mexican economic refugees illegally residing in the U.S. That's o.k. at least we have not had 6 consecutive years of record-breaking trade deficits or we're borrowing money at the rate of 1 billion a day from... Oops, never mind, look a rainbow!

Hope you Pops hand got fixed.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-07 AT 11:03AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-07 AT 11:00?AM (MST)

Not to stoke the fire but how did you know that the "Mexicans" were all here illegally? Quite a few white people believe that almost all Hispanics are hear illegally but the fact remains that Hispanics were around these parts much longer than the white men. If they only spoke Spanish and you saw some kind of identification of Mexican national status I will take your word for it.

I live on the border. This imigration problem has been around since day one. We need workers we aint got so here come the imigrants/mexicans. It has never been a big deal until 911. Yes imigration reform is needed. Our current sytem is screwed up. I think some kind of guest worker program is needed.

It ain't all that bad. This doom and gloom is crap is out of control. You got people running around saying the sky is falling constantly. If it aint global warming it s imigrants or out of state hunters or 4 wheelers or assult rifles......

Hey 02, you got anything to add to the toppic of this thread, if not, at least give us some new material, your stup is getting old, real old, and worst than that, it's worn out and completey a figment of your imagination. . .

This is the USA, say what you want but lest make sure that we have a strong boarder program. Contrairty to what 202 would have you blieve there are workers in the USA. WE DO NOT NEED ILLEGALS TO DO OUR WORK. corperate america may need them, some private people may need them because they can be paid 1 buck an hour but lets not kid ourselves, there are workers, the problem is wadges, and attitidue.

LMAO that was funny T. Thanks. You are the one guy I can count on to make me smile T. My dispatcher just asked me what I was laughing about. Any way...

Look I own a business that requires labor. Hard labor by the way. I do not employ illegal or legal imigrants. Not that I avoid them I have just never had one apply for a job with me. Due to the AWESOME Bush economy we have low unemployment. This makes it very hard to grow ones company. For example right now I have two fully equiped service trucks (profit centers) sitting in my yard because I can not man them. I can not find people who want to work. My wges are way above the market, my benifits also exceed those of my competitors, yet I can not find labor. I run adds in the papper at local trade schools at high schools ect. If I get an aplicant to come in and actually fill out the application they are usually the dregs of scociety. These applicants usually have bad driving records or criminal histories that would make you shake. When I do find an applicant that is squared away and has a brain they typiccally can not handle the work. No matter what the pay. So I can see where a farmer or meat packing plant is comming from. They have to keep their doors open and they need labor that the US aint providing. As a business owner if it came down to closing my doors or hiring imigrants I would hire imagrants. Believe it or not T labor is extreemly hard to find. And labor with a brain and a good driving record is close to impossible.

Plus all I was saying is the flow of illegals has always been a problem. It aint nothin new.

The Mexicans in the emergency waiting room all spoke Spanish. They all talk non-stop, laughing and carrying on with their friends and kids. You couldn't tell by looking that any of them were ill in any way. But they use the emergency room as a walk in doctors office.

Don't get me wrong, I have sympathy for them. Most are very hard working. They found a weakness and they are exploiting it to the max. It's really our fault, not theirs.

Eel

Thank the good Lord I'm white, born in the good ol'e USA, Christian! We have NO!! room for anyone else. Jeeze, let the hatred go!!! How long before it consumes us all.

RUS

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-07 AT 09:36PM (MST)[p]There is one mistake in the opening sentence of the first paragraph. I wrote, "Ismith, would have you believe... when I thought I wrote, Ismith, there are those that would have you believe...

So, Ismith I apologize for that. Probably made you go hmmmmmm????
What the ####?

Hey Eel, I can't tell an Afghani from a Pakistani but living in California I have no problem I.D.ing our neighbors to the south.

I'm not sure exploiting maybe the correct descriptor. Afterall, it's the system itself that is flawed. To insure the overall public health we must respond to all medical needs. Just try and get into the emergency room in Mexico without a recognized international insurance carrier. Bueno Suete Bendejo Gringo

Ismith, when our government veered away from the Sherman Act
it burst open the flood gates for mega-corps. Check out how wealth is distributed in this country, look up the richest 250 entities in the world. Then ask yourself why you paid more in taxes annually than some of these mega-corps?

In the meantime how many of these corps. are donating their massive profits in trusts for returning vets or their families in need? Somethings gotta change...radically

Yeah I was scratching my head on that one. Ill get to see the border situation first hand in May.
ismith

45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

They're dead now but I had a few relatives living on the rez who thought of the whiteman as you do the Mexicans. a few generations ago most of your ancestors and some of mine were newcomers and less welcome than the Mexicans are today. just something to think about when you're fed up with newcomers.

I can't farm without the Mexican workers yet I don't want to see this country turn into North Mexico, and it will if enough come. most expect us to conform to them unlike other immigrants who do their best to fit in , I've never figured out why that is.

Dude my fellow halfer I feel you, especially being a first generation citizen on my mother's side. Like I said it was only a mind-flash, whenever your at the E-room a long wait is the last thing you want.

Hdude, escucha me, sentir me, mira! le quiero Mexico, la gente y muchas mujeres en dias pasado mi amigo. Mexico is more than O.K. by me. But if we can't re-tool mexico as a top-notch manufacturer these economic refugees will keep coming. Most Americans that really know anad associate with hispanics or visited Mexico I believe share my opinion. Free-trade and Mexico's lack of southern border enforcement, is forcing Mexicans here. If given a choice I believe most that are here illegally would return if they could liveable wages.

As to why they do not "fit-in" I think it's because we have a spanish speaking media, a large spanish speaking populace in border states, and they are a neighboring country. Most Mexican illegals I know always say they intend to return to Mexico one day. Most don't.

I don't know much Spanish. One word I know well is "abuelito". That's what I'm called at work.

FTW, I totally agree when you say most would gladly go back home. I hear them say it all the time. Not for the $7 a day they were making though. One fellow I work with (who is now legal) bought a house about 10 years ago. He built up some equity, and along with appriciation, was able to refinance. He took that sum of money and paid cash for property in Mexico. I expect some day he will just "disappear". But who knows.

My dad is doing great, I'm happy to report!

Eel

Glad to hear about your dad Eel.

In the environmental/ horticultural field I've had much interaction with Hispanics and studied the language for several years. They are a good people and I feel sorry for the way their Country is monopolized by the few rich and no wealth is distributed or cultivated in to the economy. I welcome them here legally, but that being said, Minimum wage jobs INCLUDING agricultural jobs really hurt our economy. My personal feeling is all jobs should pay a reasonable living wage. Too much fat at the top is good for no one but 2% of the population and if that rule also applied south of the border we wouldn't have this problem.....

I can't get agricultural workers to work for minimum wage, but granted what they do get I wouldn't call a living wage. problem is the Mexican workers that work for me make as much on a good summer day as my Chinese competition pays a worker for one month. that's a fact not a joke, some jobs just don't pay well and never will. a work visa program is the best and only long term solution I see. we get the workers when we need them and they get to go home and live well, knowing they can return legally.

> Glad to hear about your
>dad Eel.
>
> In the environmental/ horticultural field
>I've had much interaction with
>Hispanics and studied the language
>for several years. They are
>a good people and I
>feel sorry for the way
>their Country is monopolized by
>the few rich and no
>wealth is distributed or cultivated
>in to the economy. I
>welcome them here legally, but
>that being said, Minimum wage
>jobs INCLUDING agricultural jobs really
>hurt our economy. My personal
>feeling is all jobs should
>pay a reasonable living wage.
>Too much fat at the
>top is good for no
>one but 2% of the
>population and if that rule
>also applied south of the
>border we wouldn't have this
>problem.....

yah like the CEO of some cola co. making 14 million a year...what a crok

That sounds good on paper but there's two problems with that -at least. One, the Hispanic community has tremendous fear of any new Visa law -I know from my personal experience that most who come here don't want to go back, they left for many reaon's not just money. Second, it wouldn't solve the problem of low wage jobs driving all of our wages down and creating excess fat at the top of the Mexican and US economic structure. If we are truly tired of CEO's making excessive profit's, we need to help change the structure of our economy instead of complaining about it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom