Who's got pics of the big bulls from 08

elkshooter

Let's see'em! Who's already connected with that big bull.

I usually hunt this week, but am going later this year. Doesn't seem right to be able to watch the CU/CSU game..rather be in the woods.

I'd be curious to see/hear any reports on how the opening weekend was.

Scott

Atv traffic and warm daytime temps kept them hunkerd where I was heard one half haerted bugle moose were out secluded meadows bigtime!

I wouldn't call him a "big" bull, but after several years of trying and even moving to CO, I'll take him.

Shot was 27 yards at 7:04am opening morning. Bull stumbled at 50 yards then raced another 150 or so before piling up over the hill. Myself and a buddy unloaded the last pack into the truck at 7pm.

p1010792tc0.jpg

p1010795ad6.jpg

p1010800je4.jpg

www.newcobowhunter.blogspot.com

Congrats on your 1st bull hobbs, they are always the best one (well usually ;-)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Congrats...He's a nice bull...nothing to be ashamed of there.

He may not make the Primos "Truth" series, but I'd be darn happy to shoot him.

It's been about 7 years of bowhunting for me and I've yet to connect...hoping this year will be my year.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-08 AT 10:52PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-08 AT 10:49?PM (MST)

I'm definitely not ashamed of him. In fact, I'm darn proud of him. I hunted three seperate times (99,02,04) as a nonresident. I moved here in 06 (still had to buy NR tag), so this made my 6th year. I was really close the last two years, but never could close the deal. Whitetails were never this big. I'd wack one just like him on the first day next year also.
Hopefully the second comes quicker than the first.

Now, if I can just find my first Mule Deer.

Thanks for the comments.

www.newcobowhunter.blogspot.com

nice bull i hope there is a couple left that are just like him. ive got ten wakeups togo but whose counting.nice shot its amazing how far they can go even with a hole in the boiler.
good luck with the muley
simo

Congrads. That first Bull is sweet. I went three years before my first Bull and it was a spike. Best tasting Elk I ever had. Any Bull with Archery tackle is an acomplishment. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Congrats hobbes. I saw your post on another site and commented there as well. Your bull would fit my tag just right, I mean a bull just like that.I have only killed cows and 1 spike with my bow so this year I sure hope to draw back on a branch antlered bull. It will be a test for me to pass on a good shot at a cow or spike, but I sure hope to get that oppertunity. Again congrats on a great bull and thanks for haring it...Larry

Three bulls have been killed on the Cielo Vista Ranch one in he 370s i heard.

Congrats to you on your nice bull above and great pictures.

Bullmania

Cielo Vista Ranch, isn't that where Primos films some of thier hunts , Carlo and Alonzo guide there? I'm thinking it is, , great ranch with some awesome elk....

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom