Who's Hunting D-13 This Year?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Since I didn't get drawn for a premium hunt this year I decided to go back to D-13 after 9 or 10 years. My Dad and I have normally packed in to Yellow Jacket Springs through Long Canyon/Apache Canyon but am not sure if that is the route we want to go. We've thought of hunting the backside of that range via just south of Maricopa. Anybody want to share any info they have on where they hunt in D-13? We will be hunting later in the season....first week in November....I think it closes the 7th? Any help is appreciated.

Steve

Have a Helicopter drop you off like D13er does, works every time.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I'd definitely contact the 'Master'!

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Boys.....I've tried d13'er before. And....it made me, for a while, not really want to talk to him about that area. I'm not sure if he'd give me any advice on the area. :)
He won't tell me the "back way" into Yellow Jacket Springs. I'm not quite sure why....and maybe I never will. Thus, this post for other opportunities.

Steve

Steve. Let me know when your planning.. I dont have a d13 this year but would be glad to pack/glass.. Ill have a bear tag!!

Andy- We, more than likely, will go the last 3 days of the season. The rut should be on then. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to go out for a couple days sometime before then. Who knows what my schedule will look like. I get back from Nevada on the 16th or so, so I'll have at least 2 weeks of down time before D13 opens. I don't think that is enough time for me to be home to keep my wife happy so we'll have to see. :)

Steve
T&A Inspector

I'll be in D13 also. I don't have any top secret info for you, but its been my experience that the peak of the rut is earlier than the last week of the season. I almost always see the most activity during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of the season. D13 is heavily hunted and is tough to get away from people. I have a couple of spots where I do ok. Last year was slim pickings. I hunted pretty hard and killed the only legal buck that I saw. I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to hunt it this year, but I hope to give it a couple of good tries. Good luck!

Don P.

Don- You sure the rut is that early in the season? I guess if the weather starts to turn and it typically does mid October, huh. I think that's a good call. I wish you luck this year. Post up any pictures you may take....

Steve
T&A Inspector

Don- Do you come across very many 3x3's in D13? We've taken 3 bucks in D13 in the 5 years we hunted there. 2 of them were 3x3's. Genetics? Coincidence?

Steve
T&A Inspector

Hey Steve. That's when the deer are rutting in the areas of D13 that I hunt. Most of the bucks that we see are forked horns. We've killed a 4X4, a 3X3, a couple 3X2's, and the rest have been forked horns. I'd estimate that at least 80% of the bucks I know of killed in D13 are forks.

Don P.

they get 4 up there sometimes too...
6378jefredeer.jpg

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

T'was so big,it took a Ford to haul it out,lol!

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

B-Bop- It would be insulting to put a buck of that caliber into the back of a Chevy....

Steve
T&A Inspector

Steve I think the rut will most likely be over by that time. Let me know when your planning on going. I will be in WY during October but may have a few bear hunting days out in D13 with a buddy and his son. They have the deer tags! Ill let you know how it goes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom