who's hunting this weekend?

R

RACKMASTER

weather service has a weather warning out...
BIG CHANGES IN THE WEATHER LATER THIS WEEK...

THE PAST WEEK HAS FELT A LOT LIKE SUMMER OVER NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SOUTHERN OREGON WITH WELL ABOVE NORMAL TEMPERATURES AND DRY WEATHER... EXCEPT FOR SOME AFTERNOON AND EVENING THUNDERSTORMS.

ALL THAT WILL COME TO A DECISIVE END LATER THIS WEEK. WEDNESDAY WILL BE THE LAST DAY OF SUMMER-LIKE WEATHER.

A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE TO THE COAST WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND MOVE INLAND THURSDAY. SIGNIFICANT PRECIPITATION WILL REACH THE COAST LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND WILL SPREAD INTO SOUTHWEST OREGON AND WESTERN SISKIYOU COUNTY DURING THE DAY THURSDAY. THURSDAY HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL BE 10 TO 15 DEGREES COOLER THAN THE WEDNESDAY HIGHS.

ANOTHER WETTER SYSTEM WILL MOVE IN ON THE HEELS OF THE FIRST ONE FRIDAY AFTERNOON. RAIN WILL BE LIKELY WITH THIS SYSTEM FROM THE CASCADES WEST WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN FARTHER EAST. POST-FRONTAL SHOWERS WILL PERSIST INTO THE WEEKEND.

AT LEAST ONE MORE SYSTEM WILL MOVE ONSHORE DURING THE FIRST HALF OF NEXT WEEK.

NO FLOODING IS EXPECTED WITH THESE SYSTEMS SINCE THE SOIL IS CURRENTLY DRY AND THE STREAM FLOWS ARE LOW. SNOW WILL BE LIMITED TO THE HIGHEST PEAKS... REMAINING WELL ABOVE THE VALLEYS AND PASSES

weather is coming in norcal cold, windy, wet stuff you dream about for opening weekend!
I will be in X-1 and warm and toastie....
good luck
rackmaster

RACK, I heard that forcast! I will take Friday off work. I should have one hanging Thursday evening, Friday noon at the latest!

At the very least my truck will get muddy instead of dusty!

Good luck to you in X-1

Eel

I am going to miss the opener in x5b because a friend is getting married this weekend. But I will be up there most of the rest of the season.

i caught up on the few jobs i got going this afternoon. Will be pulling outa here tomorrow, hopefully in time for a evening hunt. Probably stay through the weekend.

This weather comming in, Thanks Rackmaster for the report, should make for major movement of the bucks still up here or higher. I'm gonna find and sit on a trail or two coming outa the high country. Hard for me to do, hardly ever hunt that way but most all the guys that consistently kill big bucks in this country sit and wait... Just too darn much timber!

Who said that there's hardly any trees left. They ought to get in a small plane and fly over this country!!!

Joey

I'll be heading up to X5b with my buddy to chase some big bucks!!!! Good luck to everyone!! i hope to break my mule deer curse!!! Nocalhonker

Why would anyone get married during deer season? My best friend just got engaged and said they are planning a wedding for the fall. I told him if he screws up our outta state trips I'll kill em!!!

Heading out @ 5:00am tomorrow morning for X3B. Hope to catch some Monster Muleys cruising around. Good luck to everyone.

Oregon General Rifle opens this weekend so we will be heading out. I have Friday-Tuesday off for the next two weeks.

Good luck to everyone and I hope it rains whereever you are hunting.

Slide

I been hunting everyday in x-9b. Have not seen a buck yet. hopefully this weather will bring me my first mule deer ever.

Todd10.....The trouble with that zone is there are entirely too many...............lizards.

As such, with a lot of zones this season.

larrbo, nice wyoming buck by the way!

nickman, lizards???? If you're seeing lizards you're not seeing bucks. Move to another area, or look up a little higher!:)

Eel

well i got a story to tell my daughter has a x4 tag had plans to go opening weekend but the wiffey had other plans and after a major guilt trip we are now going to myley cyrus' aka (hannah montana) birthday at disneyland owe what fun i cant wait so i guess we will get to go the last 7 days or so marriage sucks jk i guess sometimes you just have to comprimise owell at least my three girls will have fun especially with only 5000 people in disneyland from 6oclock to 11oclock good luck to all and have fun dont forget to tell all your hunting buddies what a sap i am

nuts4bucks, you sound like a good dad and husband. My hat's off to you, and good luck the last week!

Eel

nuts4bucks......play it like this! OK? say!!.....
OK princess it like this ...Mylie Cyrus's Plane went down in a 100year snow storm on her way to play with Sarah Palin down syndrome son in Alaska so his mommy could do a vice president debate to tomorrow night (but I think McCain shot it down so she could not go but I can't prove it!)so Disneyland is closed for 2 weeks and we're gonna go kill Bambi's dad so Bambi can get the welfare and never have to work and end up hanging around a bunch of piss cutter dinkies with bad genes and hang out along a road on public land next to a bunch of drunk redneck road hunters ....and........and get the point? just try to have fun at the happiest place on earth while I try to imitate your daughter gutting her buck.... man that was a nice buck!
I leave tomorrow at 10 am to get camper and quad on and hooked up rain all day friday and will be at snow line sat morning!
jack

EEL thanks for the compliments i try to be the best i can at both

RACK best of luck to you have fun and hunt hard thanks again for posting our pics

nuts4bucks.. I live about 15-20 minutes from Disneyland and I discovered something.. I don't care what they say Disneyland is NOT the happiest place on earth.. I get unahppt just driving past that place.. Should be renamed Disneyline... I feel for you buddy..

Jim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom