Who's in charge?

Zigga

Long Time Member
Just curious as to what George is doing. Really? He's had his head in the sand for 8 years but what is he really doing about our current crisis? Curious George II aka Obama seems to be hard at work. What gives? Eight years ago w hit the ground golfing and now he seems to be going out like a lamb. Is he busy getting his pardon list together? Can't wait to see more white collar criminals on it.

it is sort of hard to get anything done with a Dem senate and house. Besides, I would think the libs would be happy to see Bush do nothing since everything he has ever done has been wrong in their eyes.

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

Ziggy, Your hero slick willie granted hundreds of pardons to outright criminals. Were you yelping then, I guess not!!!

RELH

You can bet Bush would hand Obama the keys today if he could, all you're going to see is dust and tail lights from Bush on inauguration day. You can bet bet Cheney, Gonzo and Carl Rove are trying to get a get out of jail card printed up before Bush leaves office, or at the very least plane tickets to Dubai. in Bush's defense he needs to get a good pardon list laid out because he's going to need people oweing him favors, let's face it who is going to pay him for a speaking engagment.

Obama has managed to bring the stock market up this week just by talking about what he might do, seems a little premature for a ralley to me but that's wall street for you.

To add to some statistics to the reply, Clinton pardoned 395 people during his 8 years in office. As of 11/24/08, Bush has pardoned 171 people.

Scott

Good one BJ.

I don't remember Clinton having a global economic disaster before leaving office. You will notice I never defended Willies pardons. w did recently pardon a turkey. Maybe preparing for that has taken up a lot of time. At least he's got his priorities figured out.

Turkey first then economy.

GWB is a lame duck, still he's amazingly quiet, I keep trying to not believe that the last 8 years really happened, how did it go so wrong? GWB modeled himself after Ronald Reagon, Idealism, unwavering belief in his fellow republicans, and delegating responsibility to those with his same convictions. This is turning out to be a tough lesson for working class Americans, I hope we learn it well

Bush sucked as president, sucked bad, but I find myself actually starting to feel sorry for him a little.

His party hasn't done any better job than he has but they blame him as if he screwed the whole thing up by himself. now the middle east is a mess and the economy a disaster as he crawls off stage, not the vision he intended I'm sure . then if you didn't know any better you'd already think Obama is president, the media and wall street watch every move Obama makes and nobody even cares if Bush gets up in the morning.

Bush's legacy won't be a good one, and he definetly spent that political capitol he spoke of as fast as he did the money we've borrowed from the world to get in the mess we're in. but I think punching on him any longer is almost to the point of being cruel. losers like Palin taking cheap shots at him as if he was the reason a bimbo who could see Russia from her house lost the election was the turning point for me, the republican melt down was a team effort he doesn't deserve that. he is still president he deserves a little respect in spite of it all.

Bush has been laying pretty low, but he keeps signing all the $700 billion bail out bills on his desk as fast as he can write.

Obama gets up there and promises more bail outs, but calls them "stimulus" or "investments" and the crowd goes wild.

Eel

President Obama and Congress should leave gun rights alone. It's above their pay grade.

>losers like Palin
>taking cheap shots at him
>as if he was the
>reason a bimbo who could
>see Russia from her house

Actually, she never said that. It was Tina Fey that said it on SNL. Now everyone has heard it so they actually think Palin said it.

From the interview with Charles Gibson:

"GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they're doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia. We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it's in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along. "

Tina Fey then took that and changed it to "you can see Russia from my house" for the SNL skit.

Scott

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom