Whos ready to go hunting?

born_2_hunt

Only a few days to go and we'll be hitting the hills. I did some scouting on Sunday and found a bull with 30 cows chasing satellite bulls off and screaming his head off hopefully he'll be there on saturday morning.

Seems pretty early for the elk to be rutting but we'll see.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-12 AT 08:41PM (MST)[p]I am packing right now. Already have camp set. I have not got any scouting in lately at all, but I have hunted the same area for years...

Good luck keep us posted...

Not asking for your spot but what elevation were you at? Higher and cooler or lower and hotter? I hunt the lower and early can be really hard especially with this heat and dry...

They were actually pretty low at about 8000' in the quakies. There was water around so that's why they were in there.
4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Oh yea I'm ready I have a elk,deer and bear tag. I wish bear seson started the same as deer and elk never understood why it doesn't. Good luck to everyone.

Gonna start to pack everything this weekend. Gonna head for GMU 62 from SE Nebr. for a last week of the season Bowhunt. Will have everything loaded and packed by the 9th except for my bow.....target and frozen food. Pack all that stuff the last minute. Grab some water and gas in Grand Junction when we get there and then head for the hills....or mountain tops I should say! I hope the weather is cooler by then. I have heard it is raining in Colo. now. Can we expect to see a chance of snow on the divide when we come in from the east. Last year we came over, west of Salida and they had snow already on monarch pass. It is early so it probably is just slush if it does snow. Any comments on the snow in the passes would be helpful!

not likely to have snow BUT it is always possible at the pass
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

For how hot it has been, snow would be nice.

;-) Mickey Mouse Outfitters provides an experience you will never forget, because we always do it Micky Mouse style. We always guarantee shots. It might be at the ground or in the air, but it's a guarantee we are committed to.

Our group of three mature hunters will be leaving south Illinois this coming Wednesday. Hunting Colorado 2012 has arrived. Looking for cow elk with our black powder rifles. Cowtag

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom