Who's shooting the G5 Prime???

alp75

Very Active Member
I made the mistake of shooting one a week ago. I thought I was happy with my smooth shooting Mathews Switchback. I am now waiting on cams for my draw length. The bow shoots awesome! I can't wait to get it set up and out shooting.

I shot one a couple months ago and your right it is a very smooyh drawing bow. It is also very accurate bow. I know of a couple guys that shoot the for 3d bows and love them

When you get your bow make sure if you shoot a drop away it's a limb driven rest. They tend to have tuning issues with cable drop aways.

Traditional >>>------->

I have shot one for two years now and I love it. Ive killed a buck both years, a cow last year, and a bull this year. Its been the best investment ive made the last couple years. Would recommend one to anyone.

I shot a bull moose yesterday at 80 yards with my centroid. Complete pass through and bull only went 30 yards and toppled over. The centroid is shooting my 469 grain arrow/broadhead 281 FPS. Quite happy with the results!

I'm amazed that 281 is all you get with the g5 for speed. my turbo hits 309 on a 440 gr acc pro hunter. I've shot acentroid and smooth shooting is an understatement for this bow. just haven't shot one enough to speak of accuracy, a half dozen barebow shots makes it hard to judge it

I shoot the 2012 Centroid and love it. I had never shot a robinhood until I bought this bow, and within the first 15 shots of sighting in I had my first! Super awesome bow.

}}-SLIVER-->

@horsecreek
The bull I shot isn't that exciting. I missed my opportunity at a good 45" bull (which is a great bull for the area I was hunting)on opening day due to ranging some willows in front of the bull and not adding enough extra yards. After that only seeing a few small bulls here and there and one monster on private property I took a small 2-3 year old bull that presented a shot. I was stoked to fill the freezer with some exceptional meat.

>I'm amazed that 281 is all
>you get with the g5
>for speed. my turbo hits
>309 on a 440 gr
>acc pro hunter. I've shot
>acentroid and smooth shooting is
>an understatement for this bow.
>just haven't shot one enough
>to speak of accuracy, a
>half dozen barebow shots makes
>it hard to judge it
>

I am not surprised. My switchback was shooting the same arrows at about 260ish fps and I got and extra 20 fps with a bow only rated 17 fps faster than my switchback. Your turbo is rated at around 340 and your arrow is 30 gr lighter. Sounds about right to me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom