Why are Republicans continutually trying to sell our public lands?

RockyDog

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-16 AT 10:10AM (MST)[p]OOPS BAD MISSPELL.

If R's succeed in selling our public lands as many of them want to, i wont have much use for my guns anymore. Im sick of this chit!

Representative Jason Chaffetz (R) of Utah introduced House Bill 435 to auction off 3.3 million acres of public land in the Western States to private interests.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...house-bill/435

Senator Mike Lee (R) of Utah introduced the sister bill (S361) in the Senate.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...enate-bill/361

Both are referred to committee. I encourage all Utah constituents to contact these legislators and express your opinion about these bills. this bill doesn't just affect Utah, however. It lists lands for sale in these states:

Arizona, 453,950 acres
Colorado, 93,741
Idaho, 110,022
Montana, 94,520
Nebraska, 6,615
Nevada, 898,460
New Mexico, 813,531
Oregon, 70,308
Utah, 132,931
Wyoming, 694,200

If you are a hunter concerned about your public lands, please contact your representatives and let them know how you feel.

Why? because they're douche bags. they'd sell Yellowstone Park to the Chinese if they thought it would put 50 cents in their pocket.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Both these proposals surround a study back in 97, both have been referred to committee and no further actions have been taken.

I don't think either will see the light of day and only served as token proposals for deficit-hawk supporters. Sounds good, but extremely contentious.

The Government is BROKE!

They could Sell every Acre in Every State & Still would be Broke!

[font color="blue"]"This is the USA where people get Paid to Watch
People that are
Watching You!"[/font]

Not true, and the leftover money could be used for more wars.

The point is, some of us don't want to sell our public lands . period.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

not true???....really??? 635,600,000 total acres of federal land x $30,000 per acre........would almost clear our admitted debt......

30k per acre that really made me laugh. Try a fraction of that and then also explain what the Rockies will be like once we've privatized them and turned our country into Europe.

>30k per acre that really made
>me laugh. Try a fraction
>of that and then also
>explain what the Rockies will
>be like once we've privatized
>them and turned our country
>into Europe.

no kidding rocky dog.......but that is what it would take to come close to our admitted debt.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom