wich sports show?

slim23

me and the wife are looking for a sports show to go to this winter/spring. looking at the ISE in denver, slc and maybe vegas becasue it is the same time as the RMEF . also the other hunting shows and the sheep show. never been to one but this is right around our birthdays and wedding aniversary. we like the thought of mountains with snow for some sight seeing but want to be at the best show for the trip. we will be flying in.

I exhibit at all those shows. The worst thing RMEF could have done is team up with ISE. The vegas show was a joke last year and I won't be going back to it.

If you're looking for a pure hunting show go to either the SFW/MDF, SCI or Dallas Safari Club show. If you like fishing and sham wow/blue goo vendors go to an ISE show.

Just please pay attention to which organization/organizations are sponsering the event. Some not so trustworthy groups out there playing a key sponser while lining their pockets.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Without question SCI is the show of shows and by far and away the biggest and best. It is big, really big and I cannot wait to go. I would like to attend Dallas SCI as well but have not made that show yet.

I live in Utah and have attended the Hunt Expo. I have several friends with booths and a family member in the taxidermy competition. It is a good show if you have never been to SCI but once going there; nothing else compares.

Is the sci show mainly Africa stuff? Not really into that. Or is the show a good mix of everything with some Africa thrown in?

If you can dream it it's there! Don't plan on going for just one day, you won't see it all.

>Is the sci show mainly Africa
>stuff? Not really into that.
>Or is the show a
>good mix of everything with
>some Africa thrown in?

I avoid the SCI show like the plague. Not at all geared towards the average hunter, and entrance fees are several hundred dollars just to attend for the weekend. A fine place to go look at 100K+ shotguns and rifles, as well as a good place to watch the trophy wives of old men.
Of those you mentioned, I would go to the RMEF /ISE show. Lots of good hunting stuff and great activities with RMEF, along with the general assortment of things (junk) at any ISE show.
My personal favorites, although not on your list, are the Hunt Expo in SLC and the DSC show. I get my fix of exotic hunting locals at Dallas, but not much snow and sight seeing in Dallas. Hunt Expo is more focused on hunting in the US and Canada, with a few exhibitors from distant lands. A great expo, even if it is hosted by SFW/MDF.
Bill

>Just please pay attention to which
>organization/organizations are sponsering the event.
>Some not so trustworthy groups
>out there playing a key
>sponser while lining their pockets.
>
>
>"Courage is being scared to death
>but saddling up anyway."

+1

If you're a sheep nut then the Wild Sheep convention is a cool show. Every time I go I come to the realization that I don't have enough money!
I really like the SLC Western hunting expo. Lot's of local exibitors and lots of more affordable gear......and it's in SLC so it's close to me.
Zeke

>Is the sci show mainly Africa
>stuff? Not really into that.
>Or is the show a
>good mix of everything with
>some Africa thrown in?

SCI is global hunting. Everything you can think of and things you've never heard of. You will definitely see how the other half lives. Dallas Safari is much the same but a more personable and down to earth to the average joe kind of show.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom