Wife's first coyote!

cjg_beef

Well, I haven't posted much in the last few months so I thought I'd catch up a little bit.
I've taken my wife out a few times coyote hunting but couldn't get things to work out quite right. We'd been living in Northern Indiana all summer for work and finally made it back home the first part of September.

Erin said that she couldn't wait to go coyote hunting and that's all it took for me! We dropped the kids off at Grandma's and were off before first light. I decided to only take one gun for Erin to use and I'd be just calling so I could concentrate more on helping her.

First stand had us overlooking a large sagebrush flat that usually always produces a coyote. Well sure enough at about 3 minutes in a pup came to the call. I was using the mojo critter and once the coyote saw the decoy it turned the burners on and actually ran up to the decoy and bit it! Well it caught our scent and slowly turned and trotted away. I stopped it at 100 yards and Erin got a shot but all she could see was the head and missed. I kept calling and soon had another coyote coming but we lost it behind a small hill and never saw it again.

Second stand had us in a small sage draw with the furthest shot being about 200 yards. Well, at about 4 minutes in I look back towards our truck and there was a coyote coming in... It looked like he had walked right by our truck and was slowly making his way in. Well he didn't like the decoy as much as the last coyote but it kept him interested enough that he was slowly circling downwind. He presented Erin with a good broadside shot and I gave her to ok to shoot. Erin shot and I heard the meat report and watched as her first coyote crumbled! Needless to say we both let out a hollar and both about ran to where the coyote was. Didn't call in anymore on the next two stands so we called it a day.

IMG_7018.jpg

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff
http://www.workmanpredatorcalls.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom