Wifey's and My NM Bucks

BioHazrdMan

Well, I am kinda new here, but seems like a great place! Here is the Wifey's and My NM Unit 37 Bucks! Both got on the second day of the hunt. Hers was Sunday evening we walked the long way (1.5 miles) to the edge of a meadow... saw a buck and 3 doe 400 or 500 yds. away. sun had just gone down so we had half a hour yet.... Managed to use cover of some trees and get to 190yds. Wifey made a hell of a shot and broke his back. I am so proud of her! Pics!

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

Got mine earlier that morning at about 8:30. Was climbing up a hill to glass the other side when about 7 doe and a spike crested the hill above me about 165yds away. I stopped but they saw me and just stood there watching. I got a tripod out, sat down had my gun ready and was looking to see if the little guy was a fork or not. Well.... 5 minutes pass and I see horns moving behind the doe! Soon enough he walks to the top of the hill by the doe... never sees me and I take the shot. He buckles, jumps and kinda walks off back outa sight. The does stand there for a minute and then take off. I wait 10 minutes and go look and he is laying about 20yds from where I shot him at! I am getting a shoulder mount done on him...

DSC01497.jpg

DSC01491.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

Just thought I would share.... Wife's first buck ever and my second buck ever!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom