wild game meat processing turkey and mule deer

huntingfever

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-17 AT 03:57PM (MST)[p]I am new to hunting in New mexico and am looking for suggestions of place to have a mule deer processed. I live in the rio rancho area and would prefer somewhere within an hour or so driving distance. Planning to hunt in areas 6b, 9, 45, or 10. Also, what should I expect as far as prices. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have no information to be of help but am simply curious - what do you want done with the turkey? They are pretty straightforward to do yourself depending upon what route you choose.

after further research it seems that I am capable of taking care of the turkey myself. This would be my first time hunting turkey so I'm new to that part. I guess my question is more geared toward processing a deer.

I have been extremely pleased with Eagle Rock Meats on 12th Street south of I-40. They mainly do beef for restaurants, but do game meat also. I've used others but have been impressed with ER over the past 3-years. Ask for Jeff.

Carl

>I have been extremely pleased with
>Eagle Rock Meats on 12th
>Street south of I-40.
>They mainly do beef for
>restaurants, but do game meat
>also. I've used others
>but have been impressed with
>ER over the past 3-years.
> Ask for Jeff.
>
>Carl

Eagle Rock has been processing my elk and deer for years. They don't make sausage or anything else, but they do great work in a clean shop.

Invest in a 3/4 or 1 HP commercial grinder from cabelas, and knock it our yourself. It'll pay for itself after 2-3 elk or 3-4 deer. Then you know exactly what you're getting and have control over cleanliness, wrapping, waste etc. Takes time, but well worth it in my opinion. You can learn the steak and roast cuts from a few books or youtube videos.

Down south, most of the processors charge in the neighborhood of $100-$150 for a muley, and around $250 for an elk.

I second Green Valley Meats on 4th street. They did mine and my grandads deer. Made it into sausage, hamburger, roast, and then they even cut the backstrap and tenderloins into steaks for us.

The cost wasn't bad at all - I don't remember what it was, but I know it wasn't awful. I'd guess maybe around ~$200? Bear with me on that.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom