Wilderness update

Blacktailslayer

Yolla Bolly Wilderness open again
Staff Report
Article Last Updated: 09/15/2008 06:45:02 AM PDT

YOLLA BOLLY MIDDLE EEL WILDERNESS The Six Rivers and Mendocino National Forest closure order for the Yolla Bolly-Middle Eel Wilderness was lifted at 6 a.m. Monday, a US Forest press release said.
However, a portion of the wilderness in the Shasta Trinity National Forest will remain closed until further notice due to a number of snags on the trails.

The wilderness area has been closed since June 26 due to wildland fires. It was initially scheduled to be closed until the end of fire season, which is when the first rain falls in October.

Visitors should be aware of the following:

Falling dead trees or branches, commonly called snags, especially in windy conditions. Trees may look alive, but can be unstable after being burned.

Weak and unstable spots on the forest floor from burned out stumps and roots.

Slippery conditions from ash, needles, and other debris, especially when wet.

Flash floods and mud slides in burned area without vegetation.

Thanks for that update! It seems the FS can't make up its mind!:)

I was up near there during bow season and didn't see much smoke.

When the big rains come this winter the rivers are going to be ugly!

Eel

Blacktailslayer, Nice post! You failed to mention any "hotspot" areas for taking out sized trophy Blacktail bucks. Easy trailheads to great hunting, closer to the vehicle the better. Otherwise, Is there a chopper service available, one that caters to semi overweight, huffin and puffin, but sure enough good enough to get er done if one Mr big rack dallies a tad to long during a time when my eyes are seeing clearly without everything being just a tad fuzzy. This chopper's got to land me where i need to be and pick me and my huge buck up three days later. Corse, goes without saying, there needs to be a small lake very close by that i can catch my native trout dinner from, a super clear spring headwater, best drink a water a guy ever had, and...

Huh? wa Wa What happened? i think i was nodding off there for awhile. Nevermind.

Joey

Joey, the only thing you forgot to add to that experience is the time spent with Ms Palin discussing the ins and outs of wilderness survival. Damn dreams anyway.

You forgot about telling everybody that Bigfoot's gonna be pissed and on the rampage because his big back yard got burnt up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom