will utah fires affect your hunts?

Tsho86

With the new deer units made so small and some areas burning quite a bit of land, is it going to affect your plans. That goes for elk also.

Now I hear oak city is being evacuated, so I'm guessing my LE OAK CREEK tag isn't looking great if things get out of hand.

On a side note, hopefully everything works out for everybody that these fires are hurting on a larger scale outside of hunting.

I'm certainly praying for those being affected and battling all the fires.

As far as hunting it could be good or bad I suppose. I remember one year we had a fire close to the town I grew up in. That fall I couldn't believe the amount of big bucks coming off of the mountain. As you pointed out, it probably will all depend upon how out of hand the fire gets in the unit.

I worry about fires where I hunt, but mostly b/c of our cabin.

That's probably true in some cases with the burns benefiting some areas.
I hope that is the case. How far is your cabin from the fires?

So far there hasn't been a fire on the Panguitch Lake unit, but the summer has just started and the campers, shooters, 4 wheelers, firewood gatherers, tourists, hikers, and the dry lightening storms, etc. are also just starting. And the place is a tinder box with the pine beetle damage. You'll have to ask the question a couple of months from now!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-12 AT 04:44AM (MST)[p]Looks like I picked a good year to draw New Hampshire moose!

Last year my New Mexico unit was on fire, but 4 miles away. And the Arizona unit I almost drew burned 90%.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

Our cabin is up on Fishlake. The forest service had all the cabin owners clean their lots of deadfall a few years ago, but there is definitely beetle kill up there.

No conformation but it appears my dads cabin and my wife's hunting area is Toast from the wood hollow fire. Wish the archery tag was still state wide. At least I still have the extended for her.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

I had the oak creek tag in 2006 when oak creek had it's last big fire.Hunting was still good. Deer may be more concentrated if it don't take the whole canyon. Lets pray it don't.

The word we got today is that after the fire is done, the forest service will close the canyon road for the rest of the year.

ya they've been praying for rain the last couple of months. They better stop that for awhile.

There's some pretty good photos of the fire and campground on facebook at millard county chronicle progress.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom