Willard Peak Goat Tag!!!

cjg_beef

Was not expecting it but the CC shows a hit for $408! It's a Willard Peak billy tag. I'm pretty excited and anxious. I'm working in North Carolina all summer so won't have much time to scout until I get back the end of August. Any pointers and input would be much appreciated. I live in Brigham City so I know the unit somewhat.

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff
http://www.workmanpredatorcalls.com

Good for you!

Did ya draw the 1st season or 2nd season Billy tag?

2nd will be a little more challenging as 1st season hunters will get 'em down in the cliffs somewhat.

congrats

Robb

Hunted that last year. Its not hard finding goats. Our hunt lasted 3 hrs. Saw 9 from the parking lot. Somewhat hard to judge, just use the finger rule youll be fine.

I drew one of the second season tags. I'm probably going to try to take a look at some of the area later today. I'll let you know what I find.

I ran out of time and didn't make it into the unit. The only scouting I got done was a glance from the freeway as I drove by. I didn't realize there were that many cliffs on the west side.

Congrats to the tag winners!
I've never hunted the unit and never will but I hear it's a nasty little place.... but what goat mountain isn't? haha
I'll be on the Uintas West unit again this year with my wife. It should be fun for all us mountain goat hunters!
Just remember to shoot one in a place where you can retreive the billy.
Best,
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom