Willard Peak

W

wrt

I heard you cant get to the top of the mountian this year in a truck because there is a tree in the way is this true? I want to drive up and look at the goats, but I dont want to come down from Idaho if I cant get up there. If you have any info let me know please thanks WRT

LAST EDITED ON Sep-07-11 AT 07:58PM (MST)[p]If you want to see the goats you better hurry before the turkey shoot (goat hunt) this Sat. the 10th. 39 Billy tags this year their going to be scattered from hell to breakfast.

i have a billy tag and i dont even think im going to go this weekend because im hunting with my bow and im afraid i might get shot,,lol but im also afraid if i dont go then all of the big billy are going to get killed by all of the boom sticks, if anyone that has a tag and is archery hunting wants or needs a hunting partner im down so let me know ,,,,,,,

THE A TEAM

thanks everyone ,I killed a 10 1/4 inch goat up there a few years back sixthtine hit the face closer to the parking lot and you should be fine. When I hunted everyone headed to Benlomond and left the close one's alone. I will see all the hunters sat. lol got to get some taxidermy cards out somehow

I'm with ya on waiting.....I drew the tag as well this year....was extremely dissappointed to hear that 39 tags were given out. Going to be a nightmare up there.....hopefully it will calm down after the first week. I'm not after a record book Billy just want to have an enjoyable hunt and hopefully have my boy with me when I am able to take one. Sounds like a good resperator is what everyone will need for driving up the road to the peak LOL!!!!!

Good luck.

so how did the slaughter go..... i wonder how many goats were killed this weekend??? was anybody brave enough to brave the road,,,

THE A TEAM

If it went anything like last year, everyone with rifles tagged out by 10am...bowhunters like yourself should have it all to yourselves now :) Good luck Sky Guy!!

~Z~

well went up Sat. I thought it would have been worse, only saw one group of A holes screw a guy out of a goat. Everyone else seemed respectful to others. I got a couple lifesize goats to mount out of the deal and got to see alot of great goats. No were like it in the world, you Utah boys are lucky! WRT

Elaborate.... Were there quite a few people up top and driving up the road from Mantua? I'm going to be hitting it hard next week!!!! I grew up at the base of the mountain so I know it extremely well. Can't wait!!!

PM me and we can talk.....

how many goats got wacked??? just curious... i will also be up there this week and i know very litte about that hill i got talked into putting in for the tag by a buddy who was planning on helping me and now he drew a nev deer tag and is going to be in nev for who knows how long and im all alone to figure out the mountain ha ha

THE A TEAM

hey inmysights your pm box is inactive give me a call and I will help ya out. 801 721 1456

A friend of mine shot a 52 4/8 goat with his bow opening mourning. It should be the state record archery unless bigger is killed.

hey dry boot tell ur buddy congrats, i have a tag and need some help if ur buddy is willing, all of my buddies that told me to put in for this unit and said they would help and now they are backing out, im going at this all alone and have been getting my butt kicked i have all next week off to be up there

THE A TEAM

I can take my Toyota Camry to the top of Inspiration Point. I always get into the goat on the extended archery hunt in November. I only have 8 points so I am several years from getting my chance to hunt them.

Dillon

www.dillonhoyt.com

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom