willing to help unit 49 first rifle hunters

hoopscoach

I have spent the last few weekends hunting bighorn sheep in S12 which is also unit 49 for elk. I have seen some very nice bulls and am willing to give some advice to anyone who has a first rifle season bull tag in unit 49. Send me a PM!
Thanks,
Hoopscoach

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

Good man! love to see good people help others. Helps to balance out all the Whiney and bitchy garbage

After 13 days of hunting my butt off, I did finally find a decent ram. Not particularly big but plenty big enough:)
An average ram for that unit. With only a couple days left to hunt, taking him was a no brainer. Work sure gets in the way of my hunting:)

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

My son in law & I are planning an elk hunt next Oct likely in 61, but still very open to any unit. He has 10 points & I have 13 points for elk. I am interested in what you saw recently in 49 on the elk. We are both looking to find a good big trophy bull elk. It's taken all here years to get those points, want to make them count. I have never been to 49 to hunt. Any helpful information would be appreciated very much. Thanks so much !
Jerry Gold -- Fort Collins, Co
E M : [email protected]
Cell #: 307--772--1623

I wouldn't use all those points for GMU 49. Good bulls don't get me wrong, but we draw every year with zero/one preference point.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-17 AT 01:56PM (MST)[p]>I wouldn't use all those points
>for GMU 49.

Agreed. I'm in 49 a lot during summers, scouting. Point value there is inflated by being close to Front Range cities and by relatively easy access. Example: Same tag in 76 takes one less point than in 49.

Still an excellent offer by Hoopscoach!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom