Winchester 10 gauge signal canon

hawkbill

Very Active Member
Have any of you guys or gals ever messed with one of these canons. My brother sent me a picture of one in an estate sale. I watched a couple of utube videos of people firing them, they make a hell of a bang with a lot of smoke. They fire 10 gauge black powder blanks. Winchester made them from the early 1900s to the 1950s, then another company started making them in 1979.
IMG_0837.png
IMG_0836.png

I don't mean to be a downer, but I worked with a guy who had a miniature cannon that shot a 1 pound lead ball. We were ride sharing for work and it was my week to drive. I went to pick him up and when I got there at 4am there was a couple sheriff's cars, a firetruck, and an ambulance out front. His wife came out and told me Darrel had loaded it up, stuck his head in front of it and lit the fuse. I guess he didn't suffer anyway.

Are You Sure About That?

Any Weapon Where The Fuse Can Be Lit/Trigger Pulled With Your Head In Front Of The Barrel.......................!

sure they are....that is a Kiln gun......used to knock slag off of the interior walls of a rotary kiln....it usually isn't used to shoot jack o lanterns.....

Are You Sure About That?

Any Weapon Where The Fuse Can Be Lit/Trigger Pulled With Your Head In Front Of The Barrel.......................!
I don't think they wrote him a citation or arrested him.

Yes, they are legal in CA if it's black powder.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom