Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather

blacktailBC

Anyone have one of these yet? Thinking of getting one in 7mm mag. If so, how does it shoot? Basically I am down to this or the browning x bolt.

I've got one in 270 wsm and love it. Great gun that shoots sub 1/2" groups at 100 yards. I was in the same position of deciding between the x-bolt and the winchester and am extremely pleased with the way it turned out.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-11 AT 10:56AM (MST)[p]One of the guys I hunt with has one in I think .270Win and a 30-06, he dropped the 06 in a McMillan Edge stock - both shoot pretty darn good. I'm not a big Winchester fan but - I'd sure like one they are a nice rig.

Oregon muley that would be me. I have a 270 and a 308 in EW weather both are great guns. They shoot well its easy to adjust the trigger. I took my 270 and dropped into a Mcmillian edge and I really like it. My only complaint was the stocks they seemed a little cluby. I wish they would have gone with a Bell and carlson design like the TI stocks. All in all I am very happy with these rifles. You hardly ever hear about complaints with these rifles.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

Bought one in a 7mm need a scope on it then it will be time to work up a load. I will let you know how it shoots. Trigger feels real good no creep

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom