Windows 10 auto upgrade

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Last night after the Giants game, i got a popup saying, not asking, that windows was going to upgrade me from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. I closed or X'd it out but within a half hr, the puter shut down and said it was uploading 10 and from the upload % complete it showed, it was going to be awhile with no way i could see of stopping it. It did this all by itself. I went to bed but later checked to see what's up. There was a Windows 10 user agreement i had to agree to but i "declined". Then my puter shut down again and eventually restored, went back to the previous windows 7 that i had and am happy with. Pain in the rear!

So, should i have let my puter upgrade to 10 when i already know and like windows 7?

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

Thanks feddoc, basically, "Microsoft Says It Cannot Stop Windows 10 From Spying On You, Doesn?t Think You Should Be Concerned"

They'd be concerned though, if the shoe were on the other foot.

Who already has 10? Do you like it?

Joey

Same thing happened to me this am. It's total BS....I guess its the tech age we are in.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Mine upgraded last night. Haven't played with it much today. Hopefully it all works ok.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

LAST EDITED ON May-19-16 AT 06:02PM (MST)[p]happened to me too sage....I chewed my kids asssses.....lol

...finally got the nerve to hit "next" and was able to get back to where I belonged.....

....why do they want you on 10 so bad???

>LAST EDITED ON May-19-16
>AT 06:02?PM (MST)

>
>happened to me too sage....I chewed
>my kids asssses.....lol
>
>...finally got the nerve to hit
>"next" and was able to
>get back to where I
>belonged.....
>
>....why do they want you on
>10 so bad???

So They Can Look through your Screen & See you without you knowing it!

That's Why!

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

Thanks guys! Somebody must already be running windows 10. What's good about it?

Joey

Mine did it and I want it off and back to the old. I am not computer savvy and have no idea how to do it

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Been running 10 for almost a year. It's ok but 7 was better. Basically they dropped just enough of the win8 stuff they get away with and still sell the product.
Set your network to a metered connection then go into gpedit and change updates to "ask" and you won't have any more unscheduled updates.

I had to upgrade about 4 months ago from my Windows Vista Program. My 'puter guy told me to go with Windows 7 Professional and it will be around for some time yet. But it does have Windows 10 on it to when I want to upgrade. So far I just keep X out upgrade and keep going along fine with 7 Pro.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON May-20-16 AT 04:00AM (MST)[p]Sage,I tried to avoid it as long as I could but one day recently I,got home from work and found my computer had upgraded to Windows 10.I said to heck with fighting it any longer since I was having a issue with my computer waking up when it should be sleeping.I went back and looked up a thread in the Nevada Shooters forum where everyone was bitching and moaning about Windows 10.One guy stated that to block all the invasive snoopiness,of Windows 10 was to go to SpyBot and download a free program called AntiBeacon.I have been using SpyBot for over 10yrs so this sounded like a no brainier.I downloaded AntiBeacon and installed it and set it to max privacy.So far so good!?Now there are no more issues with the sleep mode either.That was probably caused by the Windows 10 pop up

I have very little good to say 10. Its app based, completely different layout than 7 requiring an individual to relearn Microsoft. I reverted back as I also found 10 complicated and having numerous operating issues some of which may have been caused by me due to my lack of computer smarts.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

I use everything I can to block 8 or 10 from taking over my pro 7 system and never upgrade with anything from microsoft anymore....
I don't need upgrades,I need hackers and sales weasels to leave me alone.

I downloaded it on two of our 3 laptops as soon as it was available. It worked great on my Dell and on my kids' new HP. No problems at all, smooth sailing. My wife has an older HP though and it autoloaded and while the OS itself is great and working fine, the WiFi drivers on that unit are not Windows 10 compatible and we lost all WiFi capability on it for a month or so - tried about 10 different things to try to get it to work, had one of my buddies who is a senior level tech operator at Dell come over and look at it for a couple of nights, just couldn't get that HP laptop to even load the Windows 10 compatible BIOS upgrade that would enable the built-in WiFi so we had to just buy a USB WiFi connector. Works now, but considerable hassle with that laptop.

So the mantra "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" should apply but they are going to phase Windows 7 out completely, and then you will have to purchase Windows 10, these upgrades they are forcing now are free, so at least there's that.

Good luck Sagey!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Joey, same thing happened to me yesterday morning. Screwed my PC up so bad I have to take it to Best Buy to let the Geek squad fix it. No one I have talked to likes 10. I was perfectly happy with 7. Pisses me of! PC

Roy, You just got to be "different" Huh? lol

Guys, great bunch of info. Thanks!. As said, most like 7 but they are pushing hard for us to use 10, too hard. If enough of us refuse, my bet is they drop 10 and come up with a better product, Windows 12...or sompin. :)

Joey

You can get rid of those notifications through some simple Regedits, and if you turn off automatic windows updates it won't be able to auto upgrade.

2a0fcsk.gif

LAST EDITED ON May-20-16 AT 11:27PM (MST)[p]That's good info 257, Thanks!

Joey

>LAST EDITED ON May-19-16
>AT 06:02?PM (MST)

>
>happened to me too sage....I chewed
>my kids asssses.....lol
>
>...finally got the nerve to hit
>"next" and was able to
>get back to where I
>belonged.....
>
>....why do they want you on
>10 so bad???

10 is the base platform for the next generation of Windows. Bascially, updates are just going to be modules. They're trying to go the same route that Apple has gone with OSX.

I was waiting for the world to end when Win 10 dropped. Surprisingly it has been rather stable. My life would have been hell had this sumbitch not worked like when Win 8 dropped, what a fiasco that was.

My employer gave me the option, years back, of moving to Win 8 or taking on the OS X side of life. I went OS X and haven't looked back.

That being said you can easily revert back to 7 and their is a KB article that will tell you exactly which update to dump to get rid of the Win 10 nag notification altogether.

"If the DWR was just doing its job, and
wildlife and hunting were the actual focus,
none of this process would even matter.
But that is not the focus or the goal in any
of this. The current DWR regime, and
SFW were born out of wildlife declines,
and are currently operated and funded
under that paradigm. Those 200 Expo
tags would not even be worth anything if
the focus was where it was supposed to
be, and wildlife and tags were plentiful.
But under the current business model,
that is how the money and power is
generated. It is generated through the
rising "value"(monitization) of a declining
resource. A resource that is supposed to
be being beneficially managed for the
masses that own that resource, ie. US.
The problem is obvious, hedging is not a
long term sustainable strategy, and
others have to lose, for some to win. In
this case it is us, the many, and our
resources, that are being forced to lose,
because there is a minority who's power
and money is derived from our loses."

LONETREE 3/15/16

It auto loaded on me Tuesday AT MY OFFICE!. Locked my entire business down for a day with us trying to figure out what the hell happened. We finally get my QuickBooks reinstalled on it but can't get it to run. So now these geeks have effectively broke into my business and locked me down. Finally figured out how to take 10 off and re-install 7. Business back to running.

HERE'S WHERE IT GETS WIERD.

I get done and decide to go home. I shut down the computer and start locking up. Three minutes after shutdown MY CELL PHONE RINGS. In broken English and a bad Indian accent some dude tells me I NEED TO GO TURN MY COMPUTER BACK ON! Says he needs to download "updates" on it. HOW THE F#*! ARE THEY CALLING MY CELL PHONE! Needless to say Raj didn't get me to turn my computer back on and learned some new English he didn't know.

I should be able to sue Microsoft.

I put an app on my computer called "Never10". It blocks the auto install, Google it. It's free and you can put 10 on later if you want to.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom