Winter Kill western Wyoming H

Christian

How is your winter kill around Jackson/Pinedale area?

I'm in Idaho and on this side of the border (units 67/69/66/65/62/60A etc.) it has been brutal- turkey hunters finding hundreds of dead deer over here.

The Christian

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-11 AT 08:14AM (MST)[p]"Everything" died way early, with their racks still attached. That means, when you find them, you can't even touch them, until the Game and Fish come to investigate. Everyone might as well just stay home on May 1st.

I think it was above normal, I don't think it has been terrible,not yet anyway. Its been very slow to green up and the deer are looking pretty ragged.

Piper, thank you. I was hoping for an intelligent answer.

I'm in Eastern Idaho, just over the Wyoming border and it has been terrible here. Maybe even worse than the 07/08 winter.

I put in for the H tag and was hoping at least some of the real estate I might hunt may not be so impacted as it certainly will be here.

thanks for your input.

The Christian

if you go to the wyo game and fish website and scroll to bottom of page there is a map of wyoming. its has regions and you click your region and it has a page full of news. in jackson they had 2 emerengecy elk feeding operations.

check it out.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom