Winterkill Buck

SageHunter29

Here is a winterkill buck I found the other day. He sits at about 32" wide and I hoping he will go over 200 what do you guys think? He is missing an inline point on the left side it was probably about 4" and the right eyeguard is broke. Other than that antlers are in awesome shape probably died in november or december.

49fd01071afc0455.jpg

49fd012a1b9e6194.jpg

49fd014e1c517ec5.jpg

Nice Find!!!! Did anyone find any brown antlers??? All I have seen is pics of whites and dead heads from there. Did you get to keep the head? Awesome buck!!!

Great find SageHunter. What did he end up scoring? Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

MULEYSTALKER, Although most of what gets picked up there is old, even the fresh sheds are rarely brown because there aren't enough trees to rub on. That head was most likely a fresh winter kill.

Yelum

Thanks guys Im pretty lucky on finding this one! I didnt find any sheds this year, just the head, last year I found a fresh set off a 170 buck. But alot of the guys out there didnt find anything. And alot of really old chalky antlers were picked up.

The question is "What do you do when you find something like that in Utah???"

I myself would have a hard time letting that one go, but what the heck can you do on Antelope Island? Did you call the Fish and Game to see if you could take it?

Sagehunter did call the Fish and Game and he's hoping they will allow him to keep his find. I know because I called them too when I found this dead buck. I actually held his buck and it is a DANDY!

Sagehunter, I don't think your buck will have any problem grossing over 200 inches. I'm going to guess it around 210" or so. That right side is BIG!

Hopefully they will end up letting us keep the racks!

Here's a picture of the one I found. This buck had what looks like would have been a pretty nice dropper on his right side main beam but it's broken off.
islandbucksml04-25-09001.jpg

NvrEnuf

That is an awesome buck you found Shawn, I cant get over the mass on it! Hope to be getting them deer back really soon I would think?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom