wiskers?

A

azhunter79

does anyone here use the wisker buiskit rest? i have a problem when im making a stalk, i have to keep a finger pushing down on my arrow so it doesnt fall off my rest, this gets irritating distracting and annoying. id like to try a rest that i dont have to mess with, however, it seems to me that the wiskers would hinder flight. even if its just a little bit logic would tell you that anything the arrow has to hit or touch after release would slow it down? does anyone use this rest and how do you like it?

My brother and his wife both shoot them. He swears up and down it's the only way to go. The new one with the notch in the frame that allows you go push the shaft in rather than sliding the head through seems alright. I don't shoot one but that would be the one try, no need to replace the whiskers due to the blades slicing them.

I shoot with a WB and have done so for about 4-5 months and I have no complaints.

I had the same problem and moved to the quick load wisker bisket with the slot in it. I shoot during practice about 2 dozen arrows a day 5 to 6 days a week - my traditional rests would wear out the teflon or coating in about 2 weeks, the wisker bisket held up great.

The best part is that having the arrow on the rest, you don't have to use your fingers to hold the arrow down. It does tear up your fletching, but a little trick I use is to put a drop of superglue on the end of each of the arrows and that seems to keep the fletching from tearing too bad.

texas, have you noticed that your arrow flight is different, or its not shooting as fast etc. any drawbacks?

I shoot with fingers and switched from a traditinal plung rest to a WB about a year ago. I think they say that it slows the arrow speed down by somthing like 3fps. I have not seen any negitive effects on arrow flight and am supprised at how well my feathers stand up to the wiskers. I also like the fact that I do not have to keep my finger on the arrow when stalking and drawing back. I think they get a lot of bad publicity from people who have not tried them or serious target shooters. I can tell you one thing though, they have improved my shoot and confidance. I have one two triple crown ternimants here in Casper with them and shot my deer this year and last. Hope this helps, have and more questions?
michael

AZ, at first I thought the arrow flight might be a little different, but I just held on the target a little longer and it always hit the same spot or within a 1/2". As for speed, I haven't chrono'd my setup, but I shoot a Mathews FeatherMax at 68lbs using 2413 XX75 Arrows with 125Gr Tips so I can't tell you for sure. I feel alot more comfortable shooting it though at long ranges. I have a 50 yard pin set, never used it in hunting conditions - longest shot has been 35 yards this year on a bull elk. I really really like the rest though - just simplifies things alot.

The WB will slow down an arrow between 2 and 3 fps compared to a drop-away rest. If you shoot large diameter alum or graphite arrows, they are a bit noisy during the draw making it tough on close whitetails. The durability is outstanding, I've put over 3,000 arrows thru mine and it is fine. And you can really make your Mom freak when you are running with a loaded bow!!

00hoofline.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom