Wolf hunting

212tip

I was wondering what a nonresident had to do to go to Idaho and hunt a wolf and any suggestions on a good time and place thanks.

I'm surprised that no Idaho guys have chimed in yet. According to some of them, wolves are all that is left there. I'm just across the border in Montana. We have them too. mtmuley

Im down in Utah and I am wondering the same thing. What is the best time of year to go? What general area of Idaho? Anyone experienced Idaho/resident guys wanna let me come along? I will cover food and fuel.

"You sure you know how to skin grizz,
pilgrim?"

Being that i live in idaho and have killed a wolf, i would say the best time is around the thanksgiving time, and in the early morning!!The stanley area all the way up to the canada border is a good place to go i would also suggest buying a wolf howler from buglin bull game calls, it works great! if you have any more questions just shoot me a message for some hotspots and such! Thanks Tyler

Time doesn't matter. If it did, I'd say Halloween. Place is hit and miss as they move so much. Find a large concentration of elk. Wolves are where the food is. mtmuley

Avery Idaho December/January plenty of wolves, however they are by far the biggest challenge to hunt. I've taken eight, most of them have been trapping though, I had never trapped until wolves. Snowmobiles will help with access, then walk & call. Try Dunn peak. ( the elk could use your help )

BS1...........I SAW YOUR WOLF RESPONSE. I WILL BE IN IDAHO FOR A 10 DAY PERIOD IN EARLY JANUARY. I WOULD LOVE TO TRY THE AVERY AREA, WHAT IS IT CLOSE TO TOWN WISE. THIS IS MY FIRST WOLF HUNT, PRETTY EXCITED TO JUST SEE A WOLF OR A PACK. I KNOW THEY ARE HARD TO HUNT.....LOVE TO SMOKE A COUPLE. ANY DIRECTION WOULD BE A BIG HELP.........(DIY SOLO HUNT ON THIS TRIP)..............THANKS...............YD.

>
> BS1...........I SAW YOUR WOLF
>RESPONSE. I WILL BE IN
>IDAHO FOR A 10 DAY
>PERIOD IN EARLY JANUARY.
>I WOULD LOVE TO TRY
>THE AVERY AREA, WHAT
>IS IT CLOSE TO TOWN
>WISE. THIS IS MY
>FIRST WOLF HUNT, PRETTY EXCITED
>TO JUST SEE A WOLF
>OR A PACK. I
>KNOW THEY ARE HARD TO
>HUNT.....LOVE TO SMOKE A COUPLE.
> ANY DIRECTION WOULD BE
>A BIG HELP.........(DIY SOLO HUNT
>ON THIS TRIP)..............THANKS...............YD.

Avery is 45 minutes from StMaries. We have always stayed at Sheffy's in Avery (208) 245 4410

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom